.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Oh man, I think I just wet myself.

That is pure sex!

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mak said:
i'm so liking those rims, What are they may i ask, oz what?
Hi Mak and thanks for your comments.

Wheels are OZ Ultraleggeras in Matt Black. They also do them in Silver and Graphite Silver (just another name for Anthracite really).

They wipe the floor with the stock Aristos cos they are stronger and, get this, about 5lb lighter on each corner. Ben Guild (heard of him?) had the previous model (the Superleggeras) on his 575BHP R32 Turbo for precisely those reasons. I'd considered powdercoating my Aristos but now know that I made the right decision.

Sol

·
57 Posts
looking mighty fine, sol!

i wanna mod mine up to the hilt now after getting my eyes opened on this forum!

unfortunately, my knowledge of cars lies somewhere between 'zilch' and 'oh look, the steering wheel!'

·
777 Posts
looks terrific with those big red porsche calipers behind the black wheels, definitely look like those brakes mean business!! Good work fella.

G

·
The wheels and brakes look amazing :xD:xD:xD

How much is the car lowered by - it doesn't look much different from stock?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
MonkeyJug said:
looking mighty fine, sol!

i wanna mod mine up to the hilt now after getting my eyes opened on this forum!

unfortunately, my knowledge of cars lies somewhere between 'zilch' and 'oh look, the steering wheel!'
MonkeyJug dude,

have no fear, the boys at VAGTech, JBS, Pure Detail and Chorley Car Audio, not to mention the other members have got your back, whatever you need, just ask, there's a lot of experience in here and we all like to share (even Wayne chips in with the Occasional picture of his bird...)

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Hi Sol

I like alot very nice! and them center caps (",)

hope you dont mind me asking how much were your discs and brakes?

Nick

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey MonkeyJug,

You shouldn't imagine for one second that I or anybody else has more technical knowledge than you. We all started from somewhere. I am certainly no expert. The first time I started reading about the R32, I thought Milltek was a transmission fluid! When it comes to Modifications, my advise is as follows;

a.
Ensure that your insurance cover won't be invalidated by any plans you might have and, if necessary, obtain cover with a company that allows mods. I seem to remember reading somewhere that 'MoreThan' allow no mods whatsoever. I went through the broker Adrian Flux because I was too lazy to contact different companies myself.

b.
Seek comments and opinions from people here. We're all mates (even if only 'virtually') who are united by a common bond - that awesome V6 Beast. You should also enter keywords (e.g. Coilovers, remap) in Search facilities both here (R32OC) and elsewhere to see if you can find answers to questions you may have and others you may not even have thought about. Believe me, it does happen :D.
Remember you can also just Google the keywords. I've found a few really good car forums just from Googling car-specific words. That was how I found vwvortex.

c.
Imagine what you'd like your pride and joy to look like and try to achieve it. That's what I did prior to getting my wheels and brake combo. I already had the image in my 'mind's eye'.

d.
Don't forget your wallet :D.

Speak soon buddy.

-----------------------------

Hi Khutula

If you think they look good in the pictures, you'll be blown away if you saw them 'live'.

The car is lowered. I was initially going for a drop of 15mm (front) and 20mm (Rear) but I chickened out as I have a ramp on my drive at home and a ramp in the entrance to the Car Park at work. I went for 10mm (F) and 15mm (R) simply because I know that in the coming weeks the KW Coilovers will 'settle' perhaps by a further 5mm (F and R).

Look below at the 'Before' pictures (taken upon arrival at APS) and 'After' shots (just before leaving APS) of the front and rear of the car. You'll notice that the arches are closer to the top of the tyres in the second and fourth pictures.

Go for the Brake kit. You know it makes sense. :D

-----------------------------

Nick,

Here's the link to the relevant page on the TTShop website.

http://www.thettshop.com/performance.asp?cat=3060&product=600428

If you decide to go ahead, let them know what wheels you've got (OE or the specific aftermarket brand name) and you'll almost certainly need spacers. Hope that helps.

------------------------------

Mak,

Give me about 10mins mate.

------------------------------

Car modifications keep my weight in check. The more I mod, the less I eat. :tongue:

Sol

Attachments

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Wow looking very very nice indeed,

Great stopping power

I like them very much

G

·
Sol_.:R32 said:
Hi Khutula

If you think they look good in the pictures, you'll be blown away if you saw them 'live'.

The car is lowered. I was initially going for a drop of 15mm (front) and 20mm (Rear) but I chickened out as I have a ramp on my drive at home and a ramp in the entrance to the Car Park at work. I went for 10mm (F) and 15mm (R) simply because I know that in the coming weeks the KW Coilovers will 'settle' perhaps by a further 5mm (F and R).

Look below at the 'Before' pictures (taken upon arrival at APS) and 'After' shots (just before leaving APS) of the front and rear of the car. You'll notice that the arches are closer to the top of the tyres in the second and fourth pictures.

Go for the Brake kit. You know it makes sense. :D

Sol
Yep definitely lower - looks good - how's the handling?

and I will get the kit I've decided - if they'll swap the hawk pads for something else. Really really like the Ultraleggeras - superb.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
khutula said:
Yep definitely lower - looks good - how's the handling?

Really really like the Ultraleggeras - superb.
The handling is fine but I'll probably adjust the KWs again to achieve even less rebound (upward motion) when I'm going over uneven roads (like the first few miles of the M40 when travelling south from APS). Good job I went for the fully adjustable Variant 3. Just waiting for them to settle to see what degree of further tweaking I need.

I stuck with 18'' on the Ultraleggeras as I didn't want any contact between tyre and arch especially as I am using spacers which push the tyres outwards and nearer the edge of the arches. These wheels are actually my favourite mod, followed by the tornado-red brakes. OZ have so much street-cred, it's unbelievable. I think it stems from their association with the Scooby.

I really love the MKIV and decided to go for the latest mods after test-driving the new Audi S3 about 3 weeks ago. It was stonkingly fast but I knew I'd struggle to live without that V6 rasp from the Millteks so I decided to keep it but go mad on mods a bit :D.

Sol

------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody calls you "Honey" when you've got no money :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey sol i met you up at APS this friday..was getting milltek high-flow cat and cat-back fitted :) good to see pics of your car on the ground it looks awesome..those red calipers are sexual..

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Buddy,

Welcome to R32OC mate.

Your car was in mint condition! Gotta be one of the lowest mileage MKIVs around. Hope you're loving your Milltek but I must warn you that you're now on the road to having more and more mods fitted. Expensive but hugely rewarding and satisfying when your toy puts all that power down on the road.

It was great meeting you.

Sol

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello mate

Thanks man yea my R's in pretty good shape ,as is yours just wish i could see yours on the ground up close..any plans for future mods??....supercharger??

im looking at a set of KW variant 3 and a set of 19" bbs ch..still not sure if i want the black ones with the silver lip or the normal ones,as iv blacked out the VW badges front and back(got them from awesome gti website)dont want to go to overboard with black not that i dont like the look :)..also trying to get my hands on tinted headlights not sure on the legality...my vision is blacked out everything with a big set of bbs CH..I get pictured up a.s.a.p

take care buddy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts