VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hey, after being a member on here for a couple years, I am finally going to own an R32, I'm picking it up from a fellow member tomorrow and can't wait!

No major plans for it for now, perhaps subtle mods like mk5 rear wiper and sharan badge and ill actively looking for an aftermarket exhaust of some sort.

Edit: So I've now picked the car up and have had a few days driving it. love it, bit thirsty but didn't expect anything less

Its a 2004 53 plate with 82k miles. really nice condition inside and out.

Some Photo's:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live near Mevagissey, just got a job at Carrs VW indian queens in Parts so may see you there, where abouts are you

Reactions: Snot

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just down the road. I Live near st Stephens and use them for servicing and certain parts so may see you soon. Looking forward to seeing the R around I have a friend with a mk4 r32 that works opposite you in the skoda garage as a sales man.

How you finding it so far?
Much planned for it?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just down the road. I Live near st Stephens and use them for servicing and certain parts so may see you soon. Looking forward to seeing the R around I have a friend with a mk4 r32 that works opposite you in the skoda garage as a sales man.

How you finding it so far?
Much planned for it?
Ah yeah im sure ill be seeing you soon then, and ill try and park next to him

Really happy with it so far, just pulls so well and none of that turbo lag

No major plans for it really, just a few OEM+ touches perhaps to modernise it a little.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So over the weekend I fitted my Milltek non res cat back I bought from Lucifer, used system with new tips. I did it on the floor so was a bit of a prick. Needs some adjustments on the center pipe as the back box is on the piss. I'll do that when it's next on a ramp.
IMG_3481_zpspstttrwj.jpg
Got a standard cat back for sale now too for £100.
IMG_3489_zpsmr1c3ncl.jpg

I changed the reversing bulbs for Cree LED's as well which are a good improvement, also have LED sidelights waiting to go in the next time the bumpers off.
IMG_3484_zpsvruvpnsg.jpg

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cracking looking car pal very jealous/ half leather as well, thats hard to find these days. Best bit of advise i can give you is dont sell it

looking at getting another one soon which will be my 3rd in two years. Looking forward to the rest of the mods

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looking good chap, same boat as me, looking on here for ages and only just getting one. Wallets taken a pounding fuel wise. Look foward to seeing future updates.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New door locking module fitted today, due to problem with central locking and handle not returning, now works and shuts perfectly.. you could say it sounds just like a golf..

also exhaust has been slightly adjusted to sit a bit more level, it wasn't exactly level with the standard one on so am happy with how it is for now.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Spent this afternoon future proofing the R, firstly painting up the roof gutters with POR15, ready for masking off and spraying up when the weathers better.

Then started to clean out behind arch liners, only did the drivers front this afternoon but it goes to show how it needs to be done, look how bad it was! many years of silty dirt built up behind them.

Can't recommend enough that you need to do this, not surprising that the front wings are prone to rusting

Picture before:

Once the arch liner was removed it revealed what it was holding.

I cleaned it up with G101 and a pressure washer, then used brake cleaner to remove anything that would react with the waxoyl.

I used clear waxoyl simply because its what I could get my hands on, although its more yellow.

Once the waxoyl had set/hardened slightly. I found a half used can of reflex silver, so I sprayed up inside the arches and the chassis.

Once painted:

Also, G101 is great for cleaning up wheels, it brought mine up like new, and all I did was spray it on, and pressure wash off, better than any wheel cleaner I've ever used, and £15 for 5 Litres, it's about 10x cheaper than wheel cleaner.
These photos are with no hands on cleaning at all.. just a pressure wash, and they were covered in brake dust before.

And the bootliner.. genuine VW one for the fwd mk4 models, took a couple adjustments but it fits really well, and only around £30

Cut around the boot lock indent

And a cut in the rear 2 corners made it fit perfect

Also my steering wheel badge order was misunderstood so rather than black.. I got white.. test fit below. if anyone would like a lovely white gel badge, there £3.50 posted

Reactions: pastyfarian
1 - 20 of 56 Posts