VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this must have been spoken about before but I went down to get a quote for this unit to be fitted and they told me £2,400!!!! This is with the iPod and reversing camera and all fitted but has anyone else had a quote for this DHU as the internet price is around £1,700 and I think my local Car Audio centre is extracting it a bit!

·
4,328 Posts
wow that is alot to install it, 700 notes are the joking. I guess they just saw your car and heard what unit you want and thought of the £££, so took the piss thinking you would just pay it :(.

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car Solutions in Welwyn. He said that the unit needed a special calibrator to calculate the speed from the engine which was 200 notes, and with the iPod and Camera adaptor the whole thing would come to 2,400. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard what they cost. I am going to phone around next week to get some alternatives just couldn't belive it when he wanted. I was expecting 2k tops fully installed. So my .:R didn't get its Christmas Present :~(

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N13KKF said:
heres a cheaper price for you

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6418.html

pioneer should be free fitting il keep searching as i have just purchased an avic-x3bti was offered free fitting but managed to do it myself im impatient :marchmellow:

edit

free fitting here little more expensive tho

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pion....html?osCsid=0546b9bdbfd690e66f60204a1f6939e6
Thanks for that, seems more reasonable and what I was expecting. Look a good unit and have a great write up - Anyone used one?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Space said:
Car Solutions in Welwyn. He said that the unit needed a special calibrator to calculate the speed from the engine which was 200 notes, and with the iPod and Camera adaptor the whole thing would come to 2,400. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard what they cost. I am going to phone around next week to get some alternatives just couldn't belive it when he wanted. I was expecting 2k tops fully installed. So my .:R didn't get its Christmas Present :~(
the prices are on them links also i dont know with a mkv but on my mkiv all i had to do with the speed pulse cable was connect it upto pin no 1 on the original iso should be a blue and white cable! :joyman:

·
Registered
124 Posts
the Mk5 uses can bus for the speed pulse, so a can bus adaptor is needed, altough the unit will work without.

We are only 5 miles from welwyn!! and can do the unit all in fitted for £1650 without the can bus or £1700 with!!!

Give us a call or PM

Lee

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the Mk5 uses can bus for the speed pulse, so a can bus adaptor is needed, altough the unit will work without.

We are only 5 miles from welwyn!! and can do the unit all in fitted for £1650 without the can bus or £1700 with!!!

Give us a call or PM

Lee
Cheers Lee, will pop over next week as out the country until the weekend from today.

·
3,392 Posts
I got quoted £1150 for the same unit including the fitting from my local audio shop in watford for my mk4 R. I fitted my current one myself but will get a pro for next time....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts