VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys owned my mk5 56 Pearl blue 32 for knocking on 5 year now loved every moment of it all tho has not all been plain sailing it’s on to its second dsg gear box but was never right when I first got the car but small price to pay to get away from owning vxr’s which I’ve had a few any how first dsg packed up fitted a Second hand one lasted 8/10 month then packed up again and left it parked up for a year after not being happy at spending ££££ first time around but year later put another second hand dsg box in and drives better than ever just now because the car has been parked up I’m on chainring discs / pads /tyres just now I’ve got a awful drone which sounds like it’s comeing from the back of the car done a Haldex service and changed the diff oil was still there so went on to putting 2 new rear wheel bearings in which have turned out to be costly in total but only to drive away from the garage for the drone to still be there 😡😡😡 the sound is like a woooing wheel bearing kind of noise but also a bit of a bind at very low speed any one got any ideas where I could look next as I’m getting very stressed 🤞🙏🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible wheel bearing
I’ve just had 2 new rear wheel bearings done today a drivers side rear calliper and discs and pads on the back , I’ve read previous posts about tyre scrubbing / cupping but I’ve just put 4 mint Yokohamas on it 😡 I was just wondering if a prop carrier bearing goes wha noise / has any one ever experienced

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
805 Posts
Prop shaft centre bearing would be a good next place to look. I assume the noise increases with road speed, and you have ruled out the more obvious wheel bearings . The other option is the diff bearings ( input and/or output) but unless the diff oil has been allowed to run very low, those bearings are very robust and unlikely to fail. But they can .
Prop shaft centre for a start I think

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prop shaft centre bearing would be a good next place to look. I assume the noise increases with road speed, and you have ruled out the more obvious wheel bearings . The other option is the diff bearings ( input and/or output) but unless the diff oil has been allowed to run very low, those bearings are very robust and unlikely to fail. But they can .
Prop shaft centre for a start I think
Yeah Andy I’d you’d do “ normal” speeds it’s there but comes and goes but the fast you go the more the wooing gets louder I’ve coasted the car in neutral and it’s still there which made me think bearings 😡😡 I’m gonna get a tin of thick spray grease get it up on the lift and spray the centre prop bearing see if it goes away 🙏🏻🤞then I know it needs one lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts