VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got home from Vegas on Sunday at 7pm.

What a trip, that place is unbelievable. Went over for the Hatton fight, didn't get tickets for the fight but was in amongst 6000 plus Hatton fans in the CCTV showing. The atmosphere was electric and the buzz was awesome. I was somewhat ashamed of being British though when the lager louts started booing the US National anthem. Ricky fought hard but was out classed at the end of the day.

The rest of the trip was compiled of drinking and eating too much, a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon that was out of this world, a road trip to the hoover dam, more shopping that was neccesary.

My advice for anyone going to the States on holiday is pack 2 days worth of clothes and buy the rest and don't try to fit everything in there is just too much to do. Guess jeans $44, Ralph Lauren V neck jumper $30, etc, etc. I finally got my Tag Carrera Twin Time at a big discount compared to UK prices also.

Pics to follow

·
3,732 Posts
sound like you had a good time :top: i cant wait to go :bebored:

ive been to the staes loads and always go with a practically empty case so i can stock up on clothes and trainers etc

been waiting for your return before i book my helicopter trip as i wanted to see how you got on, did you see any shows? gamble?

the tag comment makes me laugh, ive just spent the backside of £900 on one for the mrs for christmas :girl:

bring on the pictures :eating:

G

·
Very Cherry said:
the tag comment makes me laugh, ive just spent the backside of £900 on one for the mrs for christmas :girl:
I did the same last year well £750 - I asked for a discount and they gave me 10% without any trouble at all. So at least you're sorted for Christmas now. I am going into battle at the Traffic 9Trafford) Centre tomorrow :fight: Just need to have a good think.

·
3,732 Posts
yeah, she made a comment about a mont blanc pen she used to treasure that her dad gave her before he died and she no longer has it so went into a posh jewelers and bought her one...saw the tag and thought why not

i got a discount too as i got the pen for £75 instead of £175 cos i bought the watch at the same time, they did pretty well out of me

so yeah, happily, thankfully sorted now :D i was going to resort to diamonds..... now that i think about it would have probably been cheaper lol

good luck

............sorry for the thread hijack!

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
helicopter trip was amazing, 7.00 am start which was good, flight over lake mead and the hoover dam, land in the bottom of the canyon, 10 min boat trip up the colorado river, flight back up to the west rim, small bus trip to eagle point (skywalk) and guano point (buffet food) then back to the small airport for the copter ride back to vegas and a run past the strip. We were back in Vegas for lunch time so it gave us the rest of the day. Me and the missus got to sit in the front for the outward journey which was pretty cool, I kept hearing the airwolf music going through my head

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taster pics

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are a few more.

We had dinner in the Eiffel Tower which was gorgeous (expensive though) good view of the fountains, we also had dinner in the Stratosphere which wasn't quite as expensive but the views were breathtaking.

and the most important one my new watch.

she did go to the Tiffany shop though and pick her xmas pressie

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Very nice photos, Bet its cold here though now you are back in Scotland.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
quality pics, where did you stay? :adore:

did you manage to got for a meal at Alize, at the top of palms? some good veiws up there and very nice food!!

im heading back there in sept i cant wait started saving already :elefant:

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aye it is fecking freezing, didn't get above zero here yesterday, was -6 when I was driving to work.

Didn't get to the palms but spent an afternoon in Hooters lol

Stayed in the MGM which was quite nice

·
3,732 Posts
excellent photos, i cant wait for my trip now... only about 4 weeks to go :D

and i have to ask.......mainly because i'm a sarcastic git......but also cos i just cant help myself....but....

do you and the mrs always co-ordinate? :D who decideds the daily wardrobe, you or her? ;)

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very Cherry said:
excellent photos, i cant wait for my trip now... only about 4 weeks to go :D

and i have to ask.......mainly because i'm a sarcastic git......but also cos i just cant help myself....but....

do you and the mrs always co-ordinate? :D who decideds the daily wardrobe, you or her? ;)
LOL, I kinda realised once I'd posted the picture. It was bloddy cold at the Canyon so that was the only warm top I had with me.

Never mind

·
748 Posts
I had an awesome time in Las Vegas easily one of the best holidays I have ever had. I did most of the same things you did also and would recommend it to anyone. I won a $1000 in the bellagio on a slot machine so that payed for my holiday basically. Was total fluke really as I was pissed as a fart at the time just hitting buttons lol.

The grand canyon helicopter trip was amazing but being a ginger its not the best place to go. We don't like heat at the best of times and it was 56 degrees C when I was there. Never been so hot in my life. I think one of the best things we did was the Las Vegas lights helicopter ride was absolutely breathtaking.

Still a wicked place to go and so much fun if you go there for a "lads" holiday away has everything you can ever want. Much better then Ibiza which cost twice as much etc..... Which I have all done.

We hired a Big yellow hummer H2 to drive about in for a couple of days felt like a toy to drive over there as everthing is so sodding big anyway lol.

Some of my pics also
Helicopter over grand canyon

Top of Stratosphere looking down the strip, looks small from there but its 7 miles long!

·
616 Posts
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself! I've been a couple of times but never really played the tables..... I've never taken a choper tour either, but I have taken a light aircraft tour (probably not quite as much fun).
Here is a vid I took at Freemont I think it is.... Awesome vid i think!

·
544 Posts
i love vegas i was there last year and my pics look like some of these lol. did you go in to the car shop in ceasers palace?

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
didn't have time for Fremont st or the car museum which I was a bit miffed about. It was rodeo week as well when I was out there so the place was full of hillbillies

1 - 20 of 31 Posts