VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know that this will have been covered in many ways before, but having just read a load of stuff on Cams etc I'm confused and I'm not an engineer - can people recommend a few basic performance mods to get me started please i.e. Filter, Spark plugs, exhaust etc...

Thanks in advance

·
78 Posts
Full stage 1 tuning....

A good air-intake, a good cat-back exhaust (milltek, long life, etc etc) and a decent map should see you release some 15-20ponnies....

After this is starts to get expensive....headers(manifolds) de-cat or sports cat (less restrictive) changing cams etc etc...

I would say with a decent sports cat or decat you could hit about 275hp on a full stage 1 tuned R32...running higher octane petrol...

On the 1/4 mile I raced my stock R32 mk 5 against a full stage 1 - both manuals....he was consistantly quicker by about 3 car lengths....

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Viks, I'll look a few bits up then. I like the look of a BMC carbon intake

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SUSPENSION
Does anyone on here have KW HLS2 or HLS4 on their MKV R32?
I really like the idea cos I drive mine a lot & there are always potholes/speed bumps to deal with.
Just had a chat with KW and the sales lady seems to think they can combine HLS4 & DDC so you can do road/fast road & track - sounds amazing to me!
Now waiting to hear back from their head office on any issues with Haldex & the price tag...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.