VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped into a body shop yesterday as I was curious how much it would cost to roll the arches...£250 for the fronts and thats to roll the lip and repaint should it crack. does that sound expensive to anyone or about right?

·
1,332 Posts
Far to dear the paint probably won't crack you can buy the tool for £100 and do them your self I done mine on my own with out a tool no paint cracking

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
im down in kent at the moment mate but ill be back up in York next weekend for vw fest. where abouts up North are you based?
Yeah i found them yesterday wez, they seem pretty good so i've sent them a messsage for a quote, cheers for that though.
did the paint crack on any of your mates cars as thats the only worry I have, we know what these cars are like for rusting as it is
No it didn't crack at all, but then they didn't have harcore work done to their cars just a small flair on one and a reach arch roll on the other.... great work tho and great guys

If i ever needed it doing i wouldn't hesitate in call them guys in to do the job

Wez

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it didn't crack at all, but then they didn't have harcore work done to their cars just a small flair on one and a reach arch roll on the other.... great work tho and great guys

If i ever needed it doing i wouldn't hesitate in call them guys in to do the job

Wez
hopefully they get back to me soon as id like them doing before vw fest next weekend
im only after the lip in the front arches rolling up so shouldnt be a massive job for them

·
1,028 Posts
http://www.archenemy.co.uk/?page_id=29

Good rates loads of my friends have used them!

Wez
I was going to use these but the be for my area was a right arse with me. I'd booked in for a Sunday morning but on the Thursday before I contacted him to say my car was stuck in the garage and I wasn't sure I would have it back so could I move to the Sunday after. The reply said I'm coming this Sunday or not coming at all! I thought is was really poor as I'd apologised for not having the car even though it wasn't my fault but he was having none of it.
I'm tempted now to just by the arch roller tool and do mine myself then rent it out to others

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
2,303 Posts
The paint will crack had mine done and cracked in places I'm gonna respray my wings and underwear them at some point, 250 isn't bad at all really they may need to blend colour into the doors so seems about the right price

I work in a bodyshop as a painter too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts