VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

Just want your views on this, basically I can't decide whether having a beige interior and silver exterior is a good choice of colours.

What do you guys think...

Anyone got this colour combination?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I think it's nice, the Alcantara on the seats has a nice feel to it. The only issue i'd have is the fact with everything being so light it's going to show the slightest sign of dirt. There are a fair few people on here who have it and are happy with it, personally...i prefer the leather or half leather.

·
3,732 Posts
black is common true but also incredibly practical, if your car is a daily then i would say plumb for the most hard wearing colour thats going to suit your needs.

down to personal taste but i love the black half leather combo

·
5,499 Posts
Very Cherry said:
black is common true but also incredibly practical, if your car is a daily then i would say plumb for the most hard wearing colour thats going to suit your needs.

down to personal taste but i love the black half leather combo
What half leather?

you mean fabric and plastic leather

·
5,499 Posts
Alcantara interior is really lush, but as with any light coloured interior, it WILL show up dirt really easily (the seatbelts, the seat bolsters, and carpets) will mark easily.

So it depends on how often you'll be driving the car (daily driver, then it'll be a no no, go for black leather), but as a 2nd car, I'd jump at the alcantara option!

·
1,084 Posts
I think it looks great. All black interiors can be a bit gloomy.

As others said, be prepared to shampoo the seats regularly though. What colour is the headliner?

It would be the silver exterior that bothered me more.

When I'm buying a used car, mechanical condition, and previous history (eg meticulous owner) come way before colour choice.

·
103 Posts
I have the exact combination on my R.

If anything I would say the alcantara is much less prone to the sagging like what happens on the full leather interior.

I guess it does show dirt/marks up a little more, but that's nothing a little elbow grease wont fix!

Jeffers

·
1,243 Posts
i had silver/grey interior in my m3 it was a arse to live with, looks nice make the car feel roomier (if thats a word?) but never again unless im rich and can afford for someone to keep it clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts