VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been doing some research online.
As I'm going to be doing a lot of work myself on the .:R, I thought it would be a good idea to get the Bentley manual.
The only copy I can find states for BJS engine code, can anyone confirm if this will have the fully correct data for our engine and spec cars?
Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
I hear the Bentley manual is sposed to quite good, but vw's own elsawin electronic workshop manual is by far very good and you can look up any VW car and engine.

It's always on eBay, doesn't need updates and takes up about 12gb of drive space, so you to need to know your way round a PC ish, give it a go!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I know there are only 2 engine codes for our cars BJS and BJH iirc but no-one ive asked can tell me the difference. I dont imagine that it would be any different

·
1,357 Posts
I know there are only 2 engine codes for our cars BJS and BJH iirc but no-one ive asked can tell me the difference. I dont imagine that it would be any different
Then surely they would be the same code?
I don't know the difference myself, but knowing VW, they won't change a code and not change anything - what's the point in that?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Precisely that, it's vw ha. There's a lot of knowledge on this forum and I don't know of anyone that knows the answer.

·
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SI-R32 said:
I hear the Bentley manual is sposed to quite good, but vw's own elsawin electronic workshop manual is by far very good and you can look up any VW car and engine.

It's always on eBay, doesn't need updates and takes up about 12gb of drive space, so you to need to know your way round a PC ish, give it a go!
Cheers Si, I'll have a look.

·
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheempeej said:
My engine code is BFH. I can't see there being that much difference, was just after a definitive answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts