VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought the car (CPO), it had the tires the guy before me drove on (rubberbands). The inside of those wore out in about 5K miles and went through about 2 layers of steel belt. I'm not an aggressive cornerer. So I took it back to the dealership and they were trying to blame it on me cornering. So, I had them take a pic and send it to me. I printed it out and asked about 4 tire shops what is the cause of this. All 4 said alignment. I had the dealer check my alignment, it was in manufacture specs so they didnt change anything. Instead they gave me USED tires. They are the Falken EuroWinter tires. Its been a long hot summer, so I dont know how those type of tires would wear in hot summer temps? Those have lasted me about 7K miles and are having the same issue. What are the best alignment Specs for longer lasting tire wear? Everything is bone stock suspension wise.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would take it to a local garage (one that has 4 wheel laser alignment set up, usually a hunter one, google it for your local area) and have a full 4 wheel laser alignment / geometry setup carried out
You'll get before and after print outs showing whether its within or outwith tolerances. Shouldnt cost more than £100

·
19,449 Posts
As advised above 1st thing to do is to get a full gemetry set up done. On my R32 the inner shoulders of the front tyres always wore down faster and I know of a few other R32s with the same trait. The standard geometry set up has quite an aggresive camber on the front that can lead to this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.