VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont fancy my chrome lips getting chewed over winter so wondered whats the best options for winter wheels on the R?

Adam.

·
156 Posts
Ebay or keep an eye on the clssifieds across most of the uk forums. Two ways to do it, either run all season tyres on the different rims or buy winter tyres and wheels if you have somewhere to store them when not in use. If you can afford it do the latter.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Adam,

I have some 18" Anniversary BBS from my old car I was going to get re-furbished as they have the odd curbing mark, don't see why they couldn't be used for winter wheels.

Alex

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Adam,

I have some 18" Anniversary BBS from my old car I was going to get re-furbished as they have the odd curbing mark, don't see why they couldn't be used for winter wheels.

Alex
Pics + tyre specs etc? Pm me

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been working overtime and hadn't had the chance to sort through my emails.

The wheels were in Anthracite Grey when I got them and had a few curbing marks that had been painted over with touch up paint, my girlfriend added some more marks from parking on or near pavements when we lived in Oxford, I have to confess one or two marks are mine, so not all her fault. There is also a shallow gouge out of one of the wheels. They are by no means pristine, but would be great for refurbishing or just some touch up paint if you wanted to use for winter wheels.

They are stored at my parents house as I don't have a garage, I'm down there this afternoon and will take pictures and check what the tyre specs are for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts