236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont pick it up until next week she's got Dunlops

·
Registered
31 Posts
pas 55 said:
Dont pick it up until next week she's got Dunlops
If it's a a mk5 and has Dunlop Sport Max fitted, I find them twitchy on motorways at the recommended pressure 40 psi, I upped mine to 43 psi which has helped, their fairly quiet though.

Come renewal time I'll be going for PS2's

·
2,443 Posts
i had mine with mitch` pilot sports i found them to wear out fairly quick but the grip was really good, got eagal f1`s on now and i think there not a patch on the mitch`s im going to put the pilot sports back on.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
you knew it wouldnt be long.......... Leave my clingon tyres alone !!!!:argh:

Seriously tho as much as i'd never buy them there actually ok lol.

Get yeself some proxes

·
100 Posts
Yeah proxes get a good write up. I've got a new set of gsd3's and they seem to wearing down quite rapidly!!:dong:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Michelin Pilots on mine. These are the tyres that UK R32s had from the factory, I understand. Does anyone know what the pressures (in PSi) should be on them?

G

·
antera309 said:
I have the Michelin Pilots on mine. These are the tyres that UK R32s had from the factory, I understand. Does anyone know what the pressures (in PSi) should be on them?
Check inside the petrol flap :151:

·
Registered
31 Posts
antera309 said:
Mine came with Dunlops and the presser is 40 psi (not full load) I run mine at 43psi as mentioned above, which helps my Dunlops, not saying it's good for every type though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For future reference, the required tyre pressures for the R32 (from the fuel filler cap and Google's unit converter) are:

Front: 36psi
Rear: 33psi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regarding tyres for the R32 (Mk 4)

Mine I think came with Continental Contact 2 tyres, but at Christmas I had Pirelli P Zero Rosso's put on the front which were superb for grip but have worn down afer 10,000 miles use. I'm now considering the Michelin Pilot Sports as I've heard they are quality for both grip, wear and noise.

On the rear i've just fitted Dunlop SP9000's which at first were quite slippery but now they've bedded in I've found them to be fine and excellent when blasting around in the rain!

Cheers Rob

G

·
I have Michelin PS2s on mine and I love them. Will probably get the same again next time.

VW do recommend that you change all four at the same time though.

·
286 Posts
Jonny @ Pure Detail said:
Ling Longs...

sits back and waits for Mcdaddy:itsme::tomato:
Tee hee.

Anyway's had avon zz3's on mine, great tyres both wet and dry.
Got Falken's on the 19s, noticeably less grip. Good tyres none the less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts