VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhh the pressure washer across the road from me is still broken and my R is covered in shit. So before I start can I just pour a bucket of hot water on it and then clean away?

·
322 Posts
hot/warm water might strip any wax off the car. I may be wrong. I bought a garden atomizer I used with snow before the winter when its too cold to use a hose/pressure washer. Doesnt foam as good as foam lance but does help.

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife is golden sometimes. She go's why not use the jet wash 5 miles up the road? 5 years I've lived in Hemel since I moved in her place from growing up in London. Not once mentioned it!!!! Car clean now lol

·
210 Posts
Ahhhh the pressure washer across the road from me is still broken and my R is covered in shit. So before I start can I just pour a bucket of hot water on it and then clean away?
Maybe two buckets of water then use the wife's floor brush should do the trick

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
raiden said:
I did this last week as I hated the car being dirty but I managed to get swirls in my paint

I am actually now as I type this compounding my paint to get it back to normal

So leave it until the jet wash is working

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same for me, european guys accross the road from work with instructions of "Jet wash only" then take it home and wash it by hand myself.

Although i have just finished cleaning mine this morning and have noticed that the salt/grit has blasted a load of the paint off the drivers side skirt, where it ends in the front drivers side wheel arch. Thankfully it is only fibreglass so no bare metal to rust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts