VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon all,

Just been to have the AC recharged which was done but has not worked therefore no charge.

So i know i have the system gassed and there are no leaks etc., it would seem as though the fresh air blower is not kicking in.

just wondered if anyone had this fault before and what the remedy was?

see scan that I had done about 3 months ago that clearly shows there was a problem with it & also showing that the gas was low.

Going to start with fuses (would this show up as intermittent fault??), so maybe wishful thinking... other than that it could be wiring or the motor in the fresh air blower? again I am by no means an expert so before I go to a garage I would be grateful if anyone has any further advise.

thanks in advance!
Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Number View attachment vag.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
That fault (The refrigerant pressure lower limit exceeded) is one of two things, no gas in the system or the pressure sensor is faulty. Having no pressure in the system or the sensor being faulty, will prevent the AC system from working.

We have a common problem on mk5's where the pressure switch fractures around the base, this is where the gas leaks out. Also water ingress into the plug area will cause the senor to fault.

Check the fuses first. Do the fans/ blowers run on some speeds and not others ? E.g speeds 123 dont work and speed 4 dose ?

Reactions: Redemption

·
Registered
243 Posts
Some photos of the components that could be at fault, il post the photos now and then il try and explain each one, so you know what your looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
First Image you are looking at the Item labeled 18, the photo to the right of it is the actual component (18)

The Image with the blue pipes on is also showing you 18, the bit above number two is 18. This also gives you idea of location.
Bottom right of the rad and condenser, if you were sat in the drivers seat.

The image on the far right is and exploded view of the heater box.
Number 7 is v2 or the blower motor.
Number 8 is a variable resister aka rear stat, this controls the fan speed.

The image on the Bottom right is a view of the bottom of the v2/blower motor. The arrow is pointing to number 8 from the previous image.
This is what you would see if you removed the cover from under the glove box.

Reactions: cuprabob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matty,
Many thanks for taking the time to break this down so much & provide the illustrations. Certainly above and beyond the call of duty!

I will start with the fuses and chase the fault back from there.

again info much appreciated & i will report back with my findings!

Cheers
D.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not a problem, glad i could help

·
452 Posts
Subscribed, I also have the gas on scan showing low, but on refill was showing 70psi so full? Seems as though the compressor is not kicking in.

·
452 Posts
double post, sorry

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do the fans kick in when the car is cold and the ac is on ? Also if the pressure switch is faulty then the compressor wont run as it thinks there is no gas in the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.