VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Big Hello from Limerick

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  pomme 
#1 ·
Hello fellow members.

I'm new here, and I was invited by Steve (macdaddy) to join the site.
Few words about myself:
I'm 26 Polish and I live in ROI. I used to drive jazz blue 2001 mk4 golf, but only until I saw a .:R32 on holidays in Spain last year. 2 months later I was on the plane to the Uk to pick up my new car and I love it:D. She is 2003 pearl blue beast:p .There are only 2 or 3 mk4 .:R32's in Ireland, and I'm a proud owner of mine. I made couple of changes to the car -vw sat/nav, hdd player,flapper mod with the switch, cupra lip, carbonio, cruise control and I have few other things planned on the way:151:. I'm also a member in ukmkivs.net and vagdrivers.net.
Anyway, I hope that I will be able to pick few other ideas that I can use for my car here and I can share mine too.

All the best,
Stan

#5 ·
Stan.:R32 said:
Hi Neal,

I'm probably wrong, but afaik there is more Mk5 R32's than Mk4:( .The problem here lays in the VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax). I had to pay 5500 Euro for mine,but it was worth every cent:D
Yeah alot more MKV's!!! I live in N Ireland so I am lucky I dont have VRT.

#6 ·
The VRT is a killer, and it's very strange how they calculate the overall tax. I know a fella who had a silver R and he paid over 6k for the VRT with little bit over 65.000m on the clock. Mine had much smaller mileage and I paid less.Weird:011:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.