VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Hi all, sick to death of the Coilovers i have fitted at the moment, so i've decided to go back to standard. Been looking at the Bilstein range of shocks, question is would i have to declare these on insurance as there shown on websites as a OE replacement, although after reports have a very slight performance upgrade ?

Any help appreciated, the reason for asking, is direct line won't insure drivers under 25 with suspension modifications, although there quote was a few hundred less than anyone else so id be daft not to swap suspension and go with them !

Womble.

· Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, for anyone looking for replacement springs, (apparently 97% of all car manufacturers use monroe) i've found them to be the cheapest around

LINK

Thanks Sam.

· Registered
128 Posts
Seems you have had a few answers here - my 2p is that I got some Nitron street series fitted on my previous car (VX 220 Turbo) and the garage that fitted them lowered the front by 15mm and the back by 5mm. I called my insurance (Bell who are part of the admiral group) and they were only bothered about if it was lower, so if I had just had the Nitrons at the same height as stock the insurance company wouldn't charge me more but would list it against my vehicle as a known modification.

In the end I told them and paid an extra £30 a year for the pleasure, and it made the car twice as fun to drive so was easily worth it.

I miss my VX some times...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.