VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you .:R heads...

I've been seeing more and more State Police and local departments using LIDAR and Laser speed traps here in Massachusetts as well as in New Hampshire. As we all know, the .:R is a fun car and often times, we find ourselves pushing the legal speed limit from time to time in corners and on regular flats. I've been lucky and ticket free thus far using my brain in addition to my Beltronics 965 Radar/Laser Detector, but felt after the increased observations of laser traps to upgrade to a Laser/LIDAR Jammer from Blinder. The cost of the setup, I felt, is worth it when you consider how much it could save you on auto insurance, should you get ticketed with the .:R. I purchased the M25 Xtreme Laser Blinder from Overstock.com, who had a better deal on them, with only 10 boxes left in stock! In addition, to avoid drilling holes in the firewall, and spending lots of time pushing wire around in my MkV, I went with the Cheetah Wireless Fitting Kit for the Blinder from RadarBusters.com. The wireless kit is supposed to allow you to wire everything up under the hood and just set up the Audio and remote power inside the car. I think the setup looks a lot neater than drilling in the dash and inserting Blinder's loud alarm and LED. We'll have to see when it all arrives and I get the install done. I'll try and post some pics after I get it installed. Has anyone out there had any experience with this type of install/product?, whether here in the States or across the pond?

P.S. I'll be cheering on Hamilton this Sunday in the Turkish Grand Prix!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts