VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
08 R32
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I did my first oil change last night. Lifted the car up on jack stands, drained oil, replaced the filter, refilled the oil. 08 R32.

When to start the car, and the low oil light was flashing when I first stared the car. I let it run for a min then cut it off to button evrything up and clean up my tools.
Later I went to drive the car to the store, and the ac/heater blower wasnt blowing. And the yellow/low oil light was on yet.
I checked the oil level, its spot on. And began troubleshooting the blower not working. Found the 5 amp fuse in the dash fuse panel popped. Swapped it out for a good fuse, and it blew as soon as I started the car.

This morning I jacked the car back up and wiggled the oil level sensor connector, then replaced the blown fuse again. The yellow oil level light flashed again but the ac/heater blower came on. Turned on the ac to let it cool down because I was going to drive the car to run some errands. But I noticed the radiator fans where not on when I went to close the hood.
Ive previously had a code for the small fan not working, scanned with my VCDS. Rescanned last night and got a fault code for the fan control module.

I plan on replacing the whole radiator fan unit. But I am trying to find out if these issues are related or if I need to dig deeper.
Are these common issues or has anybody dealt with this before? Im having trouble seeing how these would be related.

The pic is of the fuse the popped, its the orange 5amp fuse. Finger Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

·
Registered
08 R32
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Minor update. Took it for a ride this evening. No more blown fuses yet and the ac blower motor is working. I did get one random yellow oil light when I first started it back up this evening. And 1 'oil sensor workshop' when I left the store but nothing since.
I did not scan it with my VCDS yet, its thunderstorming outside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts