VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite fancied one of these for a bit and being as though I've currently got the door card off doing a speaker upgrade I thought now's the best time to do it.

There was a group buy on UK-MkIVs a while back but I missed out. Also a few random EBay links dotted about, but they don't really give me a 'warm feeling' that what I'm getting is an OEM looking part like the ones below...

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/46126.aspx?PageIndex=1

Anyone else been looking recently and found a good supplier?

Cheers in advance,
Leon.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
4,848 Posts
There was a fairly simple DIY a while back on uk-mkivs i think. Just a case of replacing the 3mm led with which ever colour you want. the hardest part will be finding the exact blue you want. Loads of the guys bought the pre made ones so they could put one on the passenger door aswell.

If you dont fancy having a go yourself this guy has a few blue ones left (if a little expensive)
http://www.kool-vw.co.uk/clearance.htm

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
I have also done the blue drivers and passengers side door led's and they both flash together and stand out, Its just a case of removing the drivers side red led and linking a wire and running it to the passenger side.

Happy days

·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Lads, I've just bid on one of those that Khutula linked to, bit expensive but being as though it comes with the pukka VAG connector aswell then it's gotta be the quickest option. Hopefully have it all back together in time for Tatton Park then, lol!

Thanks again,
Leon.

G

·
BlackpoolR32 said:
Cheers Lads, I've just bid on one of those that Khutula linked to, bit expensive but being as though it comes with the pukka VAG connector aswell then it's gotta be the quickest option. Hopefully have it all back together in time for Tatton Park then, lol!

Thanks again,
Leon.
Yep I plugged my straight in - when I had my door card off like you when I was installing some lovely Focal speakers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
anyone got any idea on size of l.e.d's required, power ratings etc?? as i was planning to go to maplins soon and could try pick a few up

·
Registered
67 Posts
go to ebay type in vw golf blue led door lights and a seller by name of blue_vw_leds has a number of these for sale at £7.49 buy it now or make an offer. I tried to copy the link but it kept showing my ebay details lol cant have that you lot would buy everything and just change the delivery address lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts