VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mk5 R32 has a VW-fitted mobile phone holder fitted top right of the glovebox. I want to remove this and fit a Bluetooth adaptor which will work using the steering wheel controls and run through the car's speakers.

Does anyone know what sort of holes I'll find under the VW phone holder when I remove it? Can it be patched up to look alright?

Has anyone done a Bluetooth conversion? What Bluetooth kit did you use? Who fitted it (on the West Sussex coast, please)?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Captain,

Does it look like the phone cradle has been screwed to the dash or is there a bracket that goes under the silver surround of the stereo and heater vents?? If theis is the case the remove the rubber mat from the tray on top of the dash and under here are 2 T20 torque screws, take these out and lift the plastic tray out then CAREFULLY pry the surround off, all the way down to the heater controls with a FLAT plastic trim tool or something wide so as not to mark the trim. This should reveal the bracket IF they have used a dashmount no holes style bracket. if they havent used this and have screwed directly to the dash then this is a hack job and should be taken up with VW because NOBODY screws to the dash anymore, not even halfor....well maybe halfords!!!

Any problems, gimme a bell at the shop on monday on 01257 220035 or Sunday on 07875 515779 and i'll talk ya through it.

Cheers

Chris CCA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts