VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 888 Posts

·
3,788 Posts
Picked it up on Saturday morning and I just looooooooooove it!!!

It was raining so it got a bit dirty on the way home, sorry

And saved the best till last......

27,000 miles and just over 32MPG on the way back [<:eek:)]

Insurance is absolutely mental so only mod ive got planned is mk5 rear wiper and stubby ariel.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
446 Posts
How much you paying for insurance? Nice car low mileage very good nick how much did you pay for it if u dont mind me asking

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cost me just under £12000, im 19 and live in a rather dodgy poscode (why its what it is I have no idea) so ill let you work the insurance out :ahhhhh:

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
Very Very Nice :D I could tell from the interior shot that the mileage was going to be low :p

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
446 Posts
Reasonable price to pay for the condition and milage, good buy! IM guessing something around 2k for insurance if ur lucky?

·
239 Posts
Very nice indeed, are you planning on putting the badges back on???

And is that you got a better car than the parents??? Haha love it if you do.

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scotty said:
Very nice indeed, are you planning on putting the badges back on???

And is that you got a better car than the parents??? Haha love it if you do.
Thanks alot mate I am putting the badges back on, sets it apart from the R32 wannabes.

If your reffering to the black golf as my parents, thats my work car for now till my no claims fills up in march :)

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just developed a rather annoying rattle, the silver button on the handbrake vibrates all over the place when travelling any ideas how to stop it moving about/rattling?

·
.:R32OC Parking Attendant
4,025 Posts
I put some anti-rattle (its sticky-back felt really) around and down the button slider. Do it on the lower side, so you can't see it.

Toffs ;)

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Toffs said:
I put some anti-rattle (its sticky-back felt really) around and down the button slider. Do it on the lower side, so you can't see it.

Toffs ;)
Cheers mate your a life saver :nurse:

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after last weeks rain the car had got dirty, not mega mucky but enough to warrant a wash in my eyes.

The thinking was why just give it wash when its going to get in a similar state every week for the next few months so it got the works apart from a machine polish.

Ordered from Elitecarcare and Cleanyourcar.

Decided on the following process.

1.Snowfoam prewash (Valet pro snowfoam and CG Maxi suds II mix)

2. Wash (CG Maxi Suds II)

3. Clay (Elitecarcare fine poly clay and Dodo juice Born Slippy lube)

4. Lite wash (CG Maxi Suds II)

5. Polish (Zaino Z5)

6. Glaze (Poorboys White Diamond)

7. Sealent (2 coats of CG Jetseal 109)

8. Wax (Collinite 476s)

9. Wheels (Washed with Bilberry wheel cleaner, sealed with FK 1000p and tyres done with CG New look trim gel)

10. Exhaust (AG clean wheels, Megs NXT gen Metal Polish, CG Jetseal 109)

11. Windows (AG Glass polish)

Im not the best photographer in the world but heres a few pics.

Foamy

After Polish and Glaze

Super Shiny

The Finished Article

Also gave the GTi a quick wash

Hopefully thatll see it through the worst of the weather and make my job a bit easier :)

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Added a few little bits over the weekend,

Number plate surround, excellent customer service from dubmeister after my original order got lost. Need a new numberplate mind.

Seat cover to look after my lovely seat. [In-love]

Now its marmite time, had these stickers for a while now and im quite liking them tbh.

Hoping to start my mesh grill project soon, watch this space :top:

·
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After fitting my LED sidelights on sunday, I had decided to abandon my mesh grille project and just go for a balck one instead.

DPB grille sanded down and painted black, now I had fitted it back together eady to put on but the backing grille that came with my donor had a flush back meaning I couldnt fit my R32 badge, so I had to wip the on with holes in off the back of my original to allow the badge to fit.

Liking it at the moment, just waiting to see how my painting skills hold up :lollypop:

mk5 wiper to come next week :top:

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Paint the top half and the lower grilles the same colour... would look perfect mate :)

1 - 20 of 888 Posts