VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,as many of you will know I am having a purge on mk mk4 raining in.
I have now moved onto the boot area. The rear screen misting up lead me to believe i had problems at the back.
Water seems to be getting in beteen the boywork and the petrol filler flap housing. Anyone had this problem and is the flap/housing removable from the outside of the car?
The actual housing seems loose in the bodywork so I suspect the seal has gone,are your housings tight against the bodywork etc?
Cheers N.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I've just read your thread on the front foot well leak also, I have this problem on mine but on the passenger side. When it rains heavy i get water in the boot but also the other day water came from the roof lining near the back pillar which leads me to think its defo a problem with the sunroof drain piping. I plan to try and check all 4 drains out this weekend.I'll let you know if i find out anything ;0)

regards

Russ

(only dude in New Zealand with a MK4 R32 on here i think)

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Russ. Much water has gone under the bridge since that post. I think.... Mine is watertight now. Petrol cap idea is wrong, ignor that.
To cut a long story short the pipes and nipples will be blocked on all 4 corners. Nipples need removing and re attaching to drain pipes. This requires head lineing removal/ loosening.
Boot was leaking through hatch rubber seal. Lift this up and silicone it back.
Ditto doors.
Check wiring harness seal under scuttle.
Check door cards.
Ask away if you need any help

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ps. Not sure which side of the road you guys drive on but passenger side foot well is probably pollen filter housing cracked
Ie opposite steering wheel!

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: And still the heap of shi. leaks in....
Vents behind the rear bumper in the boot seem to be the culprits this time. They seem loose in the body. Looks like rear bumper off to fix this. Great!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, Mine is now totally leak free, found rear brake light seal to be split causing boot to fill with water, replaced seal now allll gooood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts