VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just needed to get this off my chest. I nearly threw up my breakfast this morning when I heard that BP had announced yet more record profits for the second quarter (£3.4bn) worldwide, and profits made in the UK by refining oil and selling it on our forecourts of over $118m which is admittidley down from last year of $937. Ahhh what a shame, sounds like more damn bonuses for the shareholders this quarter to me!!!!

What I'm ranting about is the comment i'm hearing over and over again about BP only making just over 1p per litre of fuel at the pumps, well having my own business all I can say is that this statement made my blood boil. This is 1p per litre after all shareholders, directors and all operating profit has been accounted for!

How the hell they think the public are going to fall for the garbage that all the profits come from a measly 1p a litre is an absolute joke! I mean if this was the case, does that mean that Asda and Morrisons are now selling fuel at a loss since their recent price cuts?!!! lmfao!!!

I have no doubs whatsoever, that shareholders and directors are yet again, spending their days, crying with laughter and rubbing their hands, after getting away with some generous, stealthy dividends and bonuses, on the back of them and the media filling us with this utter, utter cr*p!!!!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Buy shares in them and you too can cry with laughter and rub your hands ;-)

They're a business at the end of the day and like anyone else, if the market allows it, they'll do it. Our government are the bigger problem.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Well said.

My parents have a petrol station in Cambridge,
(Well they rent it out and NO I dont get free fuel, If only,lol)

They made more money selling stuff in the shop, We were always the cheepest around
When my parents run it,

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
£37million a day theyre making. im not sure if the company needs taxing or the fuel duty needs reducing, we dont know how much bp sell the fuel to the government for do we?

·
287 Posts
Fair play to BP, supply and demand and all that jazz.

The profit margins on fuel are actually quite small, but it's the sheer volume they shift which gives them these obscene profit figures.

·
887 Posts
Wayne said:
£37million a day theyre making. im not sure if the company needs taxing or the fuel duty needs reducing, we dont know how much bp sell the fuel to the government for do we?
Had the radio on in the car and heard them talking about a possible one off tax for BP, Shell etc in order to help subsidise and thus reduce the cost of fuel. I'm sure it's nowhere near that simple but something needs to be done. Mind you, the obscene profits are probably nothing in comparison to what the government makes from fuel revenue!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts