VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned the dashboard, door cards and steering wheel in my R32 today. I took the recommendation of this post and ordered through I4Detailing; http://www.r32oc.com/topic/11630-recommended-online-detailing-suppliers/

Really impressed with the service, the products arrived the next day between the time they said they would, and were really well wrapped. I will defiantly be using I4Detailing again.

I used a brush to clean all the vents and difficult areas, I then used Britmax Interior Cleaner on a micro fibre cloth and went over the dashboard and door cards. I hate glossy or sticky silicone finishes on plastic trim, so was really impressed by how well the Britmax cleaned away any previously used enhancers.

My steering wheel had been feeling a little sticky when doing long drives, so I again used the Britmax on the micro fibre cloth and gave it a good clean. The colour of the cloth went pretty dark so who knows when the wheel was last cleaned, but now it feels so clean and non sticky when handling it.

After letting the dashboard dry I used small amounts of the Poorboys Natural Look dressing and was really impressed with the end result. The finish isn't tacky or sticky, it's a sort of matte finish which makes the trim look darker.

I've put some photos below, it was semi-rushed as I had to head off and the photos aren't great as they were on an old iPhone but hopefully there good enough for you to get an idea of the finish.

Attachments

·
361 Posts
I used poor boys on my doorcards and when it rains and you get in and out the car it leaves the door all streaky and white so it's best used in the summer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts