VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate my life. Got a tv about 9 or so months ago from bloody comet and I broke it. Fricking turned it round to plug a free view box and it just tapped a glass dish and the stand by light went off. Tried a new fuse but still fooked. Anyways if I phone sony do you think they will play ball or have I screwed myself not having the receipt. Payed it with a credit card so maybe I could look up a statement online or could I claim against them?

·
Administrator
R32 mk5 2008
3,526 Posts
get in contact with them as they can still trace it through the serial number of the tv..If you payed by card it will be on your invoice

·
1,927 Posts
With no receipt and no Comet anymore it looks like you have 2 options, get it repaired or do the job properly and claim on the house insurance!

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Try your credit card bill, but of course it only shows the value of an item. New TV's get registered by the store legally for TV Licence purposes too.

I'd get in touch with the local repair agent. They should be able to help you. Either way it may not cost much to fix anyway, sounds like maybe an internal circuit fuse or component. Probably £40 diagnostic, £50 repair.

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sony say they will fix it but its still sitting here and there messing me about with collection. Is it worth getting repaired or should I just get a new one? The tv before that was a cheap shite proline which lasted 5 years. And I dropped it a couple times

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sony say they will fix it but its still sitting here and there messing me about with collection. Is it worth getting repaired or should I just get a new one? The tv before that was a cheap shite proline which lasted 5 years. And I dropped it a couple times
I know this might sound stupid but have you definitely checked all your confections/switches?

Reason I'm saying is I did something similar when moving mine, didn't know it had a rocker switch on the side that wasn't visible from the front, and I must have knocked it turning the TV....

Just a thought lol

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The odd thing with it now you say that is the fuse in the plug is a 10 amp. Been in 3 shops and they only sell 3,5,13 could that of buggered it? after my telephone call with them just now ive decided never to buy sony again. Now I think of it when the PS2 came out mine blew up,my boss is vaio laptop went up the creek last year and the guy I get car stereo equipment from refuses to sell there stuff as it always breaks down. Silly bitch on the phone said sorry to busy will call you back. Then kicked right off because I said 'you wont call back,you been saying that to me all week'. So ill buy a xbox one when its out

·
Registered
977 Posts
The odd thing with it now you say that is the fuse in the plug is a 10 amp. Been in 3 shops and they only sell 3,5,13 could that of buggered it? after my telephone call with them just now ive decided never to buy sony again. Now I think of it when the PS2 came out mine blew up,my boss is vaio laptop went up the creek last year and the guy I get car stereo equipment from refuses to sell there stuff as it always breaks down. Silly bitch on the phone said sorry to busy will call you back. Then kicked right off because I said 'you wont call back,you been saying that to me all week'. So ill buy a xbox one when its out
Sony used to be up there as one of the best but they haven't made a profit on TVs for nearing on 10 years (http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/)... and each console takes around 8-10 years to get back in the black also, by which time were expecting another.....

After the hacking scandals and just the general sloppy feel to the online support, the ui and the update mechanism on the ps3 I've pretty much sacked them off....I only keep it for the exclusives

Xbox ftw...PC ftxbox!!

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bollocks!!!! Got my credit card statements and I got the bastard in July last year. Am I screwed? Someone said I could still claim under the consumer act?

·
1,927 Posts
You're screwed. Sony stuff either lasts for years or for 12.5 months. That last number is why I never buy anything made by them!

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I bought a second hand 50" Sony rear projector TV years back for £500. Month into ownership the screen started going blue. I Googled it and it was a very common problem. Sony asked if I bought it off them and I said no so they said they'd send an engineer out for £150 and any repairs I'd have to pay for as well. Few months later the TV went completely blue and was scrapped. What annoyed me most was that thousands and thousands of people's TVs were going blue or green etc but Sony remained adamant there was no problem with their TV's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts