VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully not my R32 but at work we have a MKV gti company car. No one was using it this weekend so it was in the compond behinde our offices. its very secure will metal fencing all round and a locked gate. I got to work this morning and the car was still there but it was sat on the floor with no wheels, a smashed drivers window, no seats front and back, no steering wheel, no side skirts, no lights front and back and no front bumper. the drivers doorlock had been tried to be forced but must not have been able to open hence the smashed window. there was also four 10mm drill holes in the drivers wing. does any one know what that might be for.:mad:

·
1,432 Posts
I can only presume the holes in the wing were an attempt at drilling through the cable which would open the bonnet and from there they could hotwire the car somehow but as that failed they decided to smash a window to get in and then nab the parts they wanted instead.

Sorry to hear about this, are there not any security cameras which would have caught them?

·
3,732 Posts
sounds like a strip job, only stolen to strip elsewhere but failed to get it going :(

eyes out for a gti lookalikey in your area then

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a van on cctv from the place across the road at about 4am. where we are is a dead end and completly out of the way of every thing so it may be them. yer going look out for a lookalikey. there is also marks on the front drivers wing and they have tried to pull out a little gray box from within the wing. any ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts