VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im bk from ibiza now and it was the F-ing nuts until I got home and found that my avic X1 had been stollen out of my R!!!! I have had it 3 weeks!! theres quite a bit of damage around the alley suround and the cup holders fecked! what I don't under stand though, my windows was open how did they get the windows open without a key and why didnt the alarm go off ? Also when I put the key in the door to unlock the car the key dosent go in very well? So do you think it was opened with a screw driver? Also if someone was to get hold of my key could they get another one cut?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Dont you just hate theiving [email protected]@rd5 :mad:

Why would they touch the window at all? Sounds like you might need a new lock....

·
3,732 Posts
shit mate sorry to hear that

i did read ages ago on another forum that there is a way of dropping the windows on a mk4 golf, when i questioned the poster of the comment he refused to tell me how - i understand why but i could do with the knowledge

just wondering if this mythical technique was used on your car

so gutted for you mate :(

is it covered under your insurance policy?

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment yes I think so but I will find out tomorow! I have a £500 excess so thats a bumer! The funny thing is though it happend the day after I went away, when my parents contacted the police at the time because I was away there was no crime reaports of breakings or anything that night so my car was targeted! Iam So F-ing mad!! it was in there 3 weeks!!!!!!

·
4,328 Posts
Im sorry sorry to hear about this, gutted for you mate.

If people want to know how the thief got in i will do my pm, but i dont want to really publise it as any thief could be wanting this post. But all i can say its bloody easy.

But this can be pritected again by getting a delocking kit which is basically a small 5p size piece of metal to cover up the lock mechanism and a cap like ont he passengers door handle. This way its harder for the ba*****s to get in.

·
3,732 Posts
pomme said:
If people want to know how the thief got in i will do my pm, but i dont want to really publise it as any thief could be wanting this post.
thats why i couldnt find out before mate, sling me a pm

·
4,328 Posts
Part numbers for delocking kit:

1K4839167 Housing
3B4839879AGRU Cap
You need METALDISK. It does have a part number and I forgot it (DOH). Its the most important part but is just a small metal disk that sits inside the housing. The parts dept should have all this at your local stealers.

hth

andrew

·
616 Posts
Sorry to hear of the theft, I hope you get everything sorted out! I'd advise you on getting the blanking plate.

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pomme pm me.

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just spoke to my insurance company and they only cover up to £1000 on the stereo, and im gonno lose 3 years no claims instead of 2 because I made the claim 1 week before I had to renew my insurance which was coming up to 5 years! and I have a £500 exess Iam absoulutly GUTTED! I want to KILL the thieving W***ers!

·
1,432 Posts
Ive got the delocking parts at home, ordered some paint today to do my engine bay so may aswell fit the delocking kit in time for my trip to Amsterdam and Nurburgring next Monday as if its going to be targeted anywhere outside of my home its going to be while I am away in Amsterdam or Germany.

I hope everything gets sorted John, so sorry to hear about this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts