VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,420 Posts
Had my wheels refurbed in anthracite, and new rubbers put on them, michelin ps3's

when the garage put the tyres on and gave the car back to me it was vibrating on the steering wheel at 8Omph+

i swapped the fronts with the rears and still had the same issue

so i took it back to them to get rebalanced and watched them do it this time, they said last time one wheel was buckled and the others weren't perfect either, i saw them with my own eyes so i know they weren't lying

They put the best 2 on the front to minimise vibrations, and the bad ones on the back

I went for a spin tonight and this is still an ever so slight vibration, nowhere near as bad as it was but i know its there

so my question is, is this repairable? or will it weaken the wheel? i don't want to fork out for a new r32 alloy that i will need to get painted anthracite, or is it a case of living with it?

·
2,803 Posts
I really hope this isn't the case, but there could be a possibility that they let an apprentice or someone unskilled do the tyres, and they struggled to do it and damaged the rim in the process.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I really hope this isn't the case, but there could be a possibility that they let an apprentice or someone unskilled do the tyres, and they struggled to do it and damaged the rim in the process.
I'd think that very unlikely.. Scratching a wheel yes, buckling it takes major mechanical force.
New ally would probably be the quickest option... eBay would be your friend but you run the risk of that wheel being damaged also!

·
Semi Erect Member
229 Posts
A mate of mine had a buckle in his motorbike wheel and he had it sent to a firm who pressed it round again and it is perfect now i don't think they even damaged the paint finish ether.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I had a buckled wheel on my audi, I had to buy a new wheel so I ended up buying a set of 4 RS4 replica ones for 170 quid

If you can repair great, but I suspect a new wheel will be needed

I am sure there are loads of r32 wheels knocking about ?

I have a slightly curbed one in my garage maybe there are more out there ?

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah but the thing is, ive just had my wheels painted so if i went down the route of buying a new wheel then it would also need repainting, more ££££'s
And it was done at costco, and i watched him do it, he was no apprentice, i think im just gonna get it repaired if possible, its on the inner part of the wheel so paint wont be effected if bent back, but i just question the strength of it after

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Fat Head said:
Yeah but the thing is, ive just had my wheels painted so if i went down the route of buying a new wheel then it would also need repainting, more ££££'s
And it was done at costco, and i watched him do it, he was no apprentice, i think im just gonna get it repaired if possible, its on the inner part of the wheel so paint wont be effected if bent back, but i just question the strength of it after
It will be fine , will obviously be a bit weaker but that would only be a worry if you bashed it ,

And I am pretty sure that wont happen

·
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be fine , will obviously be a bit weaker but that would only be a worry if you bashed it ,

And I am pretty sure that wont happen

I hope not but with the way the roads are at the moment that is possible, does anyone think it is worth trying to claim for pothole damage?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts