VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front bumper on my R is very stonechipped and is beyond the odd dab of touch-up paint. Do any members have advice on getting it resprayed?

I'm concerned about a bodyshop's ability to match the DBP paint precisely. If anyone has already gone down this route I'd be interested to hear your experiences. Mine has 65k on the clock.

·
2,808 Posts
dont think theyl have a problem matching the colour, should think theyl have to overspray the wings though to blend the colour. Pretty standard stuff for most bodyshops.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah a bumper respray should be fine mate, they'll just use the colour code on the car and match it from that. Good chance like Rupo said they will blend the wings depends on the shading.

Oh make sure they take the bumper off to paint it : )

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm confident enough to at least go and get a quote now.

G

·
I've had a supermarket trolley ding on my car - that looked more like a air gun pellet hole reprayed DBP and the match is perfect. Mine was done by chips away.

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks chaps. I will take it to a couple of local (Portsmouth) body shops for quotes. I think it is too far gone for the Chipsaway type services. I'll keep you posted - oh and thanks Biggs but it would be well chipped again after driving back from Leeds!

·
277 Posts
I have mine booked in at the end of the month, the bonnet, bumper and too front wings :) can't wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts