VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up mine today. 300 an odd mile r-trip.....
I had a particularly crisp MK IV GTI Turbo (Black) which the Mrs has now blagged off me (better than getting mugged off in a 'p-chop' with the dealer)
I now am the proud owner of a IBP MK IV R32 that is in seriously nice condition with 36K Mls on the clock. I drove it back from Hampshire to Derbyshire today (in relatively modest fashion due to cack traffic) and have to say that I am more than happy with the new toy.
The dealer had his 'polishmeister' on the case before I picked it up and i was clocked on multiple occasions by men & women alike.....Looks phat, sounds phat and has so much more refinement than an STI.
If it were not for the fact that 'Bimmers' need to go to a dealership (crippling costs maintenance wise) then my current fave on the road is an M3.
However, I am already smitten by my 'R' which looks like it's more than going to make up for saying goodbye to the GTI.

Pictures of my new best friend to follow.... :D

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing pics :D

You will be much happier with the R32 than an M3, the R32 is so much nicer to be in, and sounds better too!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi and welcome too,

Hope to see some photos soon,

Glad you liked the good drive
( Hope you used up that free thank of fuel that you should have asked for),lol.

Happy motoring.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you previously owned an M3? Just wondering like...the Dealer that I just picked up the 'R' from had an M3 on an '04 plate that was also tidy but stretching my budget somewhat - I could buy one but probably not afford to run one.
So the 'R' was next on the wishlist and I have been 'scopin' out websites etc since Dec07.I've done my homework and have been checking all the chat on here too as I well aware that y'all gonna know best.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One weekend I went to see 2 in Hants. The 1st I rejected but the colour was awesome -Midnight Blue (Dark oily Blue meets Black type colour)....shame the car had 5 owners (53 plate) and gave me the 'willies' for too many reasons I care to mention. A 'wrong un' IMO but colour was the nicest I think I've seen. Apparently (dealer 'BS') there are less than 12 in that colour reg'd in the UK?!

·
132 Posts
I think there are 76 indigos. Stunning colour, I should know I have one too :) Enjoy the car mate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts