VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
2,803 Posts
Seeing as I'm on a bit of a conquest to try every single flavour, I thought I'd keep a record and share with you all what they're like, as they're very popular on here. I'll quickly describe what they actually smell like, how strong they are, and how long they last. Bear in mind not everyones nose is the same. Feedback from you lot about them would also be good to put in here too

So here they are in no particular order, other than what ones I've had first:

Coronado Cherry - Very strong, smells of cherry and/or marzipan, lasts over 2 months!
Napa Grape - Pretty Strong, smells like grape-flavoured bubblegum, lasts about 2 months.
Golden State Delight - Very strong, smells like bubblegum, lasts over 3 months, then goes a bit funny...
Strawberries and Cream - Medium Strength, smells exactly as it says, lasted just over a month.
Orange Squeeze - Weak, smells like orange sherbet, lasted a week maybe.
Hawaiian Gardens - Not very strong, smells like your typical nature-y car freshener, lasted a month.
Shasta Strawberry - Not very strong, smells like strawberry sweets, nearly lasted a month.
Malibu Melon - Quite strong, smells nice and melon-y, lasted over a month.
Concord Cranberry - Quite strong, but wore off after a week or two. Nice and fruity while it lasted.
Cinnamon Apple - Quite strong, smells very christmassy, so get one for December! Lasts at least a month.
Citrus Splash- Medium strength, smells of citrus-y, lasted nearly a month.
La Jolla Lemon- Quite strong, smells like lemon, possibly lemon sherbet, lasted a couple of weeks.
Verri Berry - Quite weak, hard to say what it smelt of, apart from "fruity", didn't last long.
Palm Springs Pineapple - Not very strong, defintely pineapple smelling, didn't last more than a couple of weeks.

Coming soon...

LA Lavender
Newport New Car

Reactions: Jet9 and cuprabob

·
Registered
584 Posts
this thread is awesome! me and the gf have been swapping and chaging the past wee while so this will help! I love the cherry but other folks say its too strong, DO NOT BUY FRESH LINEN!

·
5,496 Posts
I've used about 4 different flavours, and they all eventually smell of baby puke. Stopped using them completely, just stick to using poppy coral lemon zest refills now

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
Monterey Vanillia is the one i always buy, always used vanilla sents.

·
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this thread is awesome! me and the gf have been swapping and chaging the past wee while so this will help! I love the cherry but other folks say its too strong, DO NOT BUY FRESH LINEN!
What does Fresh Linen smell like then?

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I have smelt a few of these in friends cars and they all smelled very sweet and strong, didn`t like them to be honest.

·
468 Posts
I use Monterrey Vanilla as well it's not too in your face, nice and subtle. I did have Coronado Cherry once but it was far too strong, ended up putting a piece of cardboard under the vent and only opening the vent very slightly, very powerful.

·
Registered
584 Posts
What does Fresh Linen smell like then?
It smells a bit like fresh linen but is very weak lasts a week if lucky

Apple valley. Weak smelling smells of green apple skin lasts about 3-4weeks

·
2,895 Posts
Gti Fly said:
I've used about 4 different flavours, and they all eventually smell of baby puke. Stopped using them completely, just stick to using poppy coral lemon zest refills now
Same hear. Even after I chucked it my R was rank!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Good shout....

Your observations have been bang on

I've got the Hawaiian gardens in at the mo and it's weak compared to the others

Best for me have been Colorado cherry and the golden state delight.... Both really strong and lasted the longest

·
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A couple more have been updated on the list

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Nice you're doing this but I must admit I don't use air fresheners. The car is hoovered and the interior wiped regularly so there's no strange smells to cover up. If I'm being honest I love the smell of the leather seats when you open the door. Can't imagine using an air freshener unless you have cloth interior

Nice write up though, sounds like you're giving great advice to other members.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice review

·
Nappy Wearing Member
881 Posts
Waiting on verri berry!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts