VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Deadly Member
500 Posts
I had a Supersprint on my R32 and had both sections res and non res, started off with the res which is super quite,almost to quite! much more quite than stock! then switched to the non res which was super loud and also quite droney on the motorway trips but awesome on the back roads. And yes I agree the build quality is supurb and much better than the milltek

This was my old R32 with the Supersprint, which is now owned by someone else?

Attachments

·
Deadly Member
500 Posts
De-cat is not on the cards, really can't be doing with the hassle at MOT time. The dilemma is between whether to go res or non res and I guess this is difficult for you to say (sound wise) due to having a de-cat and me not planning on having one.

You are the ideal person to reply! Yeah see the fact that you say res is quieter than stock just puts me off massively... just makes me want to stay with stock because stock hardly sounds bad, its a nice sound and why would I pay £xxx for something even quieter?!

Was non res embarrassingly loud or could you keep it quiet if need be? Vids aren't really gunna help me as like I say I've seen loads but don't suppose you have any of yours?

Love how quality the tips look - great colour 32 you had
Sorry I don't have any vids of when it was on the car. My honest opinion is that the R32 stock exhaust with the flapper mod takes some beating. I did love the non res, the sound was quite loud but not in the car,lets say it turned heads when on the move!! but it was a short distance weekend car, and could not live with the drone if I had to use it long distance every day, but all non res systems are the same

The Res supersprint sound was not as raspy as the stock but had really nice sound while your foot was on the gas!! and no hint of any drone at all, plus the 4 inch tips did look good
But like you said they are a shed load of money!

It was a great R32 but I could not get on with the dsg....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.