VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
The first 5-10 min drive after start up with a non res is pretty darn loud, not going to lie. I don't take it past 2k rpm, and even then it's crazy loud really, especially if having to travel up any steep hills! After a bit of a drive, it can be controlled and it sounds amazing. But it takes some getting used to. I have to admit, I was kind of embarrassed by it at first. But now I wouldn't live with out it...It does make leaving work with out sounding like a hooligan very difficult, which isn't ideal when you're a teacher!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Non res in general mate.
I've got the standard exhaust with the silencers removed, my mates got a miltek non res and it's pretty much the same story..
Again. It's hard to explain. I am 28 (feel like 38), a fairly shy/quiet guy. And sometimes I worry that the car makes people think that I am somebody who I am not..but then I undo the window, listen to that roar, and remember that I don't care because that noise is just insane! Regulary get compliments about the sound by pedestrians and other road users. Even had a guy in a ferrari compliment how good it sounded at a set of traffic lights and many people have stated how It sounds like a super car.
But yeah, i am still sometimes embarrassed by it at times. But would I swap back to standard?... Definitely not!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.