VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not many of you...

Have had these exhausts on previous cars and have loved both the sound and the quality so decided it's the system I want to go for on the Mk5.

However, I can't decide between the straight through or silenced centre. I've watched video after video and keep changing my mind.

I don't want to get the silenced and be left wanting more but on the other hand I don't want the car to sound ridiculously loud all of the time. Can these cars still be kept quiet with a non-res supersprint, and only become loud when you really open the throttle up? Would a resonated supersprint even sound any louder/better than standard? The car is a daily driver.

Any advice from owners is appreciated

Thanks

·
106 Posts
I had a Supersprint on my R32 and had both sections res and non res, started off with the res which is super quite,almost to quite! much more quite than stock! then switched to the non res which was super loud and also quite droney on the motorway trips but awesome on the back roads. And yes I agree the build quality is supurb and much better than the milltek

This was my old R32 with the Supersprint, which is now owned by someone else?
You are the ideal person to reply! Yeah see the fact that you say res is quieter than stock just puts me off massively... just makes me want to stay with stock because stock hardly sounds bad, its a nice sound and why would I pay £xxx for something even quieter?!

Was non res embarrassingly loud or could you keep it quiet if need be? Vids aren't really gunna help me as like I say I've seen loads but don't suppose you have any of yours?

Love how quality the tips look - great colour 32 you had

·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first 5-10 min drive after start up with a non res is pretty darn loud, not going to lie. I don't take it past 2k rpm, and even then it's crazy loud really, especially if having to travel up any steep hills! After a bit of a drive, it can be controlled and it sounds amazing. But it takes some getting used to. I have to admit, I was kind of embarrassed by it at first. But now I wouldn't live with out it...It does make leaving work with out sounding like a hooligan very difficult, which isn't ideal when you're a teacher!
Any non-res in general or are you referring specifically to the Supersprint?

Yeah that's the thing I work for a company set within quiet grounds and I don't want to be suddenly known by the whole company when arriving and leaving.

Guess I want a mix of both exhausts and just need to decide which to go for

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.