VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally changed my headunit pushed everything back, screwed everything up it took me ages! 3hours approx still not all finished! then i realised my cd changer still has my 6 cds inside it. can i eject these? i have a 12volt plug at home can i use the live from that and get an earth from a socket (i am a spark) just not too clued up on car electrics colours!
or even take 2 cables from the car battery and all i need to know is, is it the red and black of the blue cd changer block i need to connect to 12v and earth to give me power to eject cds!

i know this is a crap explanation but its on the quick :wtf:

thanks

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Is there another R owner near you that you can swap the head unit over with and remove the CD's from and then swap back again.?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunatly not, think im gona have to result in taking it all apart again. live and learn!! :stupido3:

·
4,328 Posts
Why not go down to your nearest vw garage just with the cd changer and ask if they would mind plugging it into any of there cars, as all vws have the same cd connector, so it would simply be a matter of just disconnecting there cd changed, connecting yours taking the cds out and changing the connectors again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cracking suggestion Pomme.

I know with computers there is a little pinhole you can stick a paperclip it to eject CD\s. Is there anything comparable with car audio?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts