VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been contemplating doing some light modding to my motor. I cant decide which to do tho, I'll probably end up doin both but I'll do one before crimbo and the other some time after.
The options are;

Audi S6 LED lights like Sirhenry
OR
CAI induction kit

What you reckon? I cant decide atall, so hopefully you guys can help?
They both pretty much gona cost the same, about 300 quid.

·
305 Posts
with the mods you have already, its got to be the cai.

·
3,732 Posts
the led fogs do look swish and are a definate mod for any mk5 owner but i am in agreement with silver on this one, CAI all the way to the bank :top:

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, do you guys think itl make much difference? Performance and noise wise? Will I need to get my car re- remapped?

G

·
If you have a remap already it should "learn" the CAI.

When we added the carbonio to ours it made a noticable difference in sound and throttle response, we don't have a remap but the ECU has learned the carbonio already and its only been on for about 300miles worth of driving (3 months!!! :s: )

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Order a CAI kit from AMD, the pipercross one. Arriving sometime this week hopefully. My first mod! (by me anyway) Gettin excited.

·
305 Posts
pics rupo, would be nice! like to see modded mk5! with the mods you already have should be awesome!

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theres some pics and vids on here. Vids in the vid section and pics in the newbies section. Or mean pics of other bits?

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will it add any extra performance? 20-30 bhp? (haha!) or 2-3 bhp?

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Id be well happy with an extra 10bhp to be honest, didnt think it would do anything but make it louder. Thats all Im gettin it for really. To set off car alarms in multi-storey carparks!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
good improvement on the mk4 the carbonio is. great sound as well thats if you will be able to hear it on yours rupo with the milltek manifolds lol

·
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats the point tho, I cant wait! I want I want! Arnt induction kits all the same? I know there are meant to be better quality ones made out of 'woven yeti fur' or whatever, but arent they like bog roll, just do one thing?
Actually, who cares sainsburys Multi-story here I come!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts