VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well ive been trying to sell the R now for approx 4 months, and to say its dead out there is an understatement. Ive had about 5 calls, and 2 viewings in the 4 month span, and both viewings wanted to buy the car, the 1st couldnt get the finance he needed, and the other left a £100 deposit and dissapeared!!

I dont think im out on price, but i really need to sell to fund a house purchase, i know the new road tax bo**ocks hasnt helped, but any advice about now would be appreciated, i dont beleive im overpriced having had a look around, cant say i remember ever taking this long to sell a car, please let me know your thoughts, as im beggining to panic!!! Ibve tried auotrader 3 times, and pistonheads, please see the link below and let me know what you think

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/295517.htm

thanks guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats a good price... i bought mine from VW in october for £16,500 (with yrs warranty etc...) 45k, sat nav, 2 door, blue etc...
seems th market for R's has dropped... got to hold off selling mine for a while.. wont get anywhere near the 15.5k i want for it! (its immaculate) so may as well enjoy it for some time longer.

have you tried ebay? they get a lot more views than autotrader for some reason

also, list it up for sale on the forums.... people searching for cars often use google, and google will index forum pages.

·
777 Posts
you wont like this suggestion, but if you are absolutely desperate to get it sold, how about a professional valet job on it then take it to VW and see what they will offer for it. You will prob not get more than 12k for it, but if you really need the money and nobody is buying it, dont really know what you can do, unless you drop the price by £500 more but that may still not get it sold. Dunno mate, feel bad for you, it looks mint. You've obviously looked after it.:(

I don't work for VW BTW. Promise!:xD

·
Registered
75 Posts
stick with it mate, put for sale posters in the windows (big FOR SALE) letters at top of advert)
drive into town, leave it parked up somewhere busy for the day etc....

dont get ripped off by VW

i hate car salesmen (sory if there r any on these boards)

i took mine to part exchange... i was looking at a bmw 330d Sport, with 60k on the clock, and he gave me the "ohh 60k miles on a 3 litre engine is nothing...."
when it came to talk p/ex he wanted to give me 10k for my R... because it had a "high mileage" of 48k.... i reminded him what he'd said less than 10 mins previous, and walked.

·
2,808 Posts
At least you got 100quid for nothing! Wonder what happened to that guy?

You could try putting it up on some other forums: honda, vauxhaul, seat, ford etc.
I switched from a CTR to my r32 and no doubt countless other hatch owners will want to.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your input guys, never thought it would be this hard to sell, given the recent factors, fuel, tax etc..... i think going forward, were all in for a bit of a tuff time, i know everyone says it, but my R is totally mint, but i cant get the phone to ring!!! Ill keep trying i guess, i dont want to trade it in to let a dealer make cash of me, guess ill have to keep trying, just hope we dont start seeing R32's going for 10k privately

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its hard to sell a second hand car in general at the moment - I just had to let my beloved mk2 gti go for just £950 after i spent £1,300 on a service in September and it had 12mts mot, blah blah.......

I may be able to help you however!! i have a friend who is looking to purchase one after loving being a passenger in mine!! As you are based in London it is also perfect!!

Sent the ad to him!!

·
2,808 Posts
I may be able to help you however!! i have a friend who is looking to purchase one after loving being a passenger in mine!! As you are based in London it is also perfect!!

Sent the ad to him!!
Awww! And they lived happily ever after...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah thanks mate, appreciate the guesture, any other useful info would be great, really need to sell asap, refuse to give it to a dealer!!

·
842 Posts
I've just bought mine two weeks ago and i paid a fair bit as i wanted a mint one...

as you've said the economy isn't great at the moment especially for performance cars like the R which aren't cheap to run and things are only gettin worse

just need the right buyer to see it and i'm sure it'll go...i think the one i got was advertised for quite some time aswell

·
Registered
58 Posts
Things do seem to be bad at the moment. A friend of mine has been trying to sell his BMW 1 series for about 5 months. He keeps dropping the price but no one is interested. He wants to buy an "R" (after I let him have a drive of mine :wink:) but needs to sell his car first.
Monkey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.