VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm new on here. Bought a 2008 mark 5 R32 that was due for 40,000 mile service (done 38,500, but last service was a year ago). Was running absolutely fine. Took it in to Citygate, spent over 700 quid on various bits. got it back, idling used to be like the engine was off, now there is some vibration when idling, seems to lack the initial acceleration. Very disappointed, any idea guys? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Also they recommended an aircon service at 40k, I said ok. First time I turned it on, was not working. took it back, they said a switch had gone and that would cost £150!! I said "you are not expecting me to pay 150 quid after I have just had this thing serviced?? And they have agreed to sort it out at no charge.

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
it DSG? After i had my DSG oil changed if im sat on the brake with it in D i feel a shudder now and again

(If it is DSG) By initial acceleration do you mean it feels like the clutch isn't fully out when pulling off?

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
I had this once and it was due to a loose coil pack, I just checked they were all on okay and it seemed fine after I pushed them all. Maybe a fluke, but it sorted it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.