VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a tracker system .I have all the documentation.Just wanted peoples advice on if it is worth activating it again and puttin it in my name. It does not lower my insurance quote as i have done two quotes on line with and without . All advice welcome!

·
815 Posts
I would just incase it does god forbid ever get stolen, i know i would want one just so i had a better chance at catching somone if it were stolen or getting it back quicker.

Stu

·
716 Posts
definalty worth activating mate, even for piece of mind!. If it doesnt put you out too much finacially then do it IMO

·
1,243 Posts
i had a tracker on my last m3 but tbh im in too minds about getting another as im not sure if id want the car back after it had been stolen and abused, tough decision, also the way mine was fitted to the m3 i would of been better fitting it myself and just having them sign it off.

·
3,392 Posts
I've got a tracker fitted to mine, it's the Tracker Horizon by the RAC. This unit uses both real time GPS and UVHF. So even if its put in a shipping container they still have its position when the gps cuts out with the uvhf. The best bit is that if you move the car when its not meant to be moved they will call you immediately. As soon as it moves you get a call saying, are you in your vehicle? I’ve taken the handbrake off before and rolled it forwards to wash and got a call, lol. I know what your saying about not wanting it back because that’s like somebody cheating with ya missus..........I had the van and car done at the same time, £320 each. Money well spent i think.

·
264 Posts
I am interested in a tracker as in Spain the people there are not very friend towards Gibraltar registered cars...can any one share some info on a tracker..posted something up on another forum and it wasnt very helpful...

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Thanks Manu_R32,

It did work my end (From my lap top)
Just stuff from Tracker.

Sorry though.

·
264 Posts
caxton01 said:
Thanks Manu_R32,

It did work my end (From my lap top)
Just stuff from Tracker.

Sorry though.
Not a worry mate...probably didnt work with me as i am not signed in with your windows live account :) Thanks for the try

·
133 Posts
TwoCollieForThirty said:
I've got a tracker fitted to mine, it's the Tracker Horizon by the RAC. This unit uses both real time GPS and UVHF. So even if its put in a shipping container they still have its position when the gps cuts out with the uvhf. The best bit is that if you move the car when its not meant to be moved they will call you immediately. As soon as it moves you get a call saying, are you in your vehicle? I've taken the handbrake off before and rolled it forwards to wash and got a call, lol. I know what your saying about not wanting it back because that's like somebody cheating with ya missus..........I had the van and car done at the same time, £320 each. Money well spent i think.
Hi mate, could'nt help noticing yours had a short shifter mod - I'm thinking of making that my next mod and any feedback would be welcome. I know there are a few on the the market now...does yours have shortened forward and sideways(through neutral) shift. Are you really happy with it? Cheers.

·
387 Posts
Hi mate, could'nt help noticing yours had a short shifter mod - I'm thinking of making that my next mod and any feedback would be welcome. I know there are a few on the the market now...does yours have shortened forward and sideways(through neutral) shift. Are you really happy with it? Cheers.
i had a neuspeed front to back and side to side fitted in my V5 and tbh reverse was a nightmare to get into... so on my R i fitted a front to back HPA on the 35/40% reduction setting and i fecking love it, bit notchy but well short (can burn thru the gears), and feels normal to me now :cool:

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/shifters.htm

ps. sorry for the thread hijack !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts