VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows where to get a carbon bonnet from....
I know 50 Pence looked into this about 3 years ago but couldn't get the numbers for a group buy from the states. I'm thinking with the Dollar so weak it is tempting!
Here is a link to one site
http://www.eurogearusa.com/
Here is a pic of one on a DBP and a red R (Thanks Rdefined)

·
1,432 Posts
Thats right, I seriously looked into it way back now and I was going for the Boser hood from eurogearusa but decided against it. I was worried about the shipping and it arriving in one piece as a few people in the states had complained about receiving a broken hood from Eurogear and difficulty in obtaining a refund or a replacement. So shipping from the US to the UK could be even more cringe-worthy.

I think your R would look awesome with a painted blue CF hood Decked :)

Not so obvious its CF on my BMP R32 but still would be nice. Maybe once I get the FT360 installed and everything else then I may look into getting the CF hood again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CF bonnets was something we looked into for the MG-ZR. We were planning to get them made in the UK, what put off the ZR owners was the cost of having the mould made. I can try and find out how much the mould would cost and then the prices of additional bonnets if you want.

Clare
Intelligent Tuning

·
385 Posts
CF bonnets was something we looked into for the MG-ZR. We were planning to get them made in the UK, what put off the ZR owners was the cost of having the mould made. I can try and find out how much the mould would cost and then the prices of additional bonnets if you want.

Clare
Intelligent Tuning
I would be interested.:rock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts