VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title - Full time use or shows only? Opinions please as thinking of purchasing next month.:151:

·
616 Posts
I have always liked the look of the Eurogear CF hood and I did get an email back from DTMAutohous the other day about their carbon hoods. I would be using it all the time and provided it served its purpose well (it's not something I'd want to be taking off for the weekend thrash) I would go for one at the right price. The one thing that gets me is that they don't warranty the hoods without the hood pins although they state there not necessary. I'd want one that was strong enough without. They have told me that the logo is also removable (it's just a sticker). But unfortunately they don't have a dealer in the UK (Finland being the closest).
Where are you thinking about getting one from?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deckedr32 said:
I have always liked the look of the Eurogear CF hood and I did get an email back from DTMAutohous the other day about their carbon hoods. I would be using it all the time and provided it served its purpose well (it's not something I'd want to be taking off for the weekend thrash) I would go for one at the right price. The one thing that gets me is that they don't warranty the hoods without the hood pins although they state there not necessary. I'd want one that was strong enough without. They have told me that the logo is also removable (it's just a sticker). But unfortunately they don't have a dealer in the UK (Finland being the closest).
Where are you thinking about getting one from?
Not too sure to be honest decked, just gonna post on here as and when I am ready to buy one. Have you any ideas? I'm really getting into the look though and I think especially on the DBP it doesn't look to OTT. Gonna have a look at the eurogear webby as I post this. Let me know what your thoughts are on suppliers etc, maybe we could put something together.:151:

·
616 Posts
50pence is probably the best person to talk to, he knows quite a lot about them (whether he'd be interested is another matter).... I'm sure he'll turn up and have a word!

·
1,432 Posts
I seriously looked into one but there is no chance I would want to ruin the lines of the bonnet by fitting hood pins. They just recommend you fit them to cover their own backs after countless cases throughout the industry where US owners have had the hood release and smash their windscreen etc etc, you get the picture.

As I tried to post earlier (wouldnt work for some reason), there is a CF bonnet available on ebay for the Mk IV Golf, maybe even R32 specific iirc.

I recommend you all go with DTM Karbon as from what I have read they dont appear to have the same issues as Eurogear. Its really down to personal choice and how much £ you have to spend. You could spend less on a Eurogear but end up with some fitting or finish issues whereas DTM karbon seem to be faultless.

·
1,432 Posts
I may be interested in getting one but not for sometime yet as I have just received the HPA FT360 turbo kit and rollbar and comp haldex so my £ are all going toward the installation costs of these items first :)

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers fifty, will have a look down this route.

·
1,432 Posts
Has anyone been in contact with the Finnish dealer of DTM karbon to find out exactly how much shipping would be etc etc?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not me mate.

·
616 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
Has anyone been in contact with the Finnish dealer of DTM karbon to find out exactly how much shipping would be etc etc?
I have emailed them and got a reply but didn't ask about shipping.... They told me they have a dealer in Finland so I would have thought speaking to them would be best!

·
1,432 Posts
Indeed it would, so I suggest perhaps someone who is after a CF bonnet at this time could perhaps contact the Finnish dealer of DTM Karbon and get some prices up here as I am sure others are interested too.

Count me out at this point, as mentioned above I already have to get this FT360 kit and all manner of other things installed first before I can even consider a CF bonnet again :)

·
616 Posts
I have had a reply from DTM Karbon in Finland but no prices.... I have asked how much for one and see what he says including postage/taxes etc. I will let you all know!

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers decked!!

·
1,432 Posts
The Braille battery has always been a great weight saver upfront according to the 'Tex.
Has some issues in cold weather tho so may not be best for the UK market with our weather. Best in SoCal

·
4,328 Posts
Ive just got one, so will be able to let you knwo how it goes this winter. But i do have concers it will be a problem with all my equipment using it.

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nah thats not for me macd:thumpdown:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Looks like a huge racing stripe - do you get it all over the car? Hehe :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts