VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Can anyone out there tell me how much these carbonio kits cost to buy plus are they easy to fit yourself once fitted do i need to get the ecu remap just for this

·
3,732 Posts
Carbonio Cold Air Intakes
The Carbonio system is designed to maximize the torque produced by your engine. The natural extension of increased torque is an increase in horsepower (hp). While the hp gain is nice, this system's tuned shape will give you that increased hp for a longer period of time, thereby allowing you to make better use of each and every gear. This is a consequence of an increase in torque for over 10% of the rev range; torque comes in sooner and tails off later. Compared to the stock intake, our kit shows increased flow numbers of around 40-50%. More interesting is the velocity at which the airflow in the system changes. Our system is much more dynamic than the stock system, and thanks to a specially textured inlet surface, results in a much better throttle response.

Title Awesome Part # Price

Carbonio Intake R32 AF-IND-CARB-R32 £165

link:

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/engine.html

:D

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx i will give that web site a go you didnt say if they are easy enough to fit yourself or is it best to get a garage to fit it

·
619 Posts
They are easy enough to install, I did mine with the friend and it took us under an hour. When you buy the kit you will also get the install manual which is handy :D

·
1,432 Posts
That installation manual helped me out alot. Removed front wheel and arch liner to do mine too.

·
1,432 Posts
Nope, I had the 18s on, I coulda done it without removing the wheel but I wanted to make it easier for myself :)

·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx For That Stan Looks Like I Will B Looking To Get A Kit In The Next Few Weeks What About A Remap Do I Need To After Fitting A Carbinio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts