VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would add some pics following the R's first waxing....

It has had a protective coating applied to the paint and wheels at the factory, but I thought a bit of extra carnauba wouldn't hurt.

I must say that I'm very impressed with Megs products (nothing exotic, just gold class shampoo + mitt, 2 bucket stylee, water magnet m/f + QD, and step 3 carnauba wax + terry towel).

Typically it started to rain as I finished the last panel! ....and I can now see bits I missed.:bawling:

Very impressed with the way the BMP hides the dirt actually, I think it's the flake in the pearl that makes it much better than metallic black or flat black paint.

Hopefully the next wash will be followed by some better locations for pics.

PS The gold class shampoo smells great!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Looking good :proud:; my routine is almost identical - the carnauba is a good finish after the megs polish too - I knoiw there is plenty of other "better" stuff out there, but I do like the megs products.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
Looks nice.

Just so you know, the 'paint protection' they put on at the dealers will come off the first time you polish your car, and sometimes doesnt take as much as that! So waxing it is a must.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments guys.

I did a fair bit of research about what last stage product to use on top of the 'extra protection' I specced. I only did megs step 3 of 3, which is a not-too-durable carnauba, with no cutting properties. Hopefully I haven't removed the coating underneath, but either way.... too late now.

It's a ritual of mine, giving a good clean when I change cars (heck of a lot easier than my previous 2nd hand motors too) Unfortunatley it was too hot here to wax when the car got it's very first wash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts