VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey all. was going to remove this and polish metalwork under this car. is it ok to leave off or will heat from the engine bay effect the paintwork? also is there any increase of sound through into the cabin? :)

thanks Scotty

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
This can be removed I think MIQ did it recently and gave it a lovely polish up, should not affect the paint and you might expect a little more noice in the cabin, but nothing untoward. Im sure another member will confirm this for you.

·
Banned
3,464 Posts
Alright scotty I have mine off and my paint is still fine. To be honest I think alot of people take it off. Looks 100 times better. I can't remember if I had mine off at the Glasgow meet. As for noise I can hear my charger alot clearer now when doing some spirited driving than I could when I was on.

Sent from my iPhone by an angry scotsman

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright scotty I have mine off and my paint is still fine. To be honest I think alot of people take it off. Looks 100 times better. I can't remember if I had mine off at the Glasgow meet. As for noise I can hear my charger alot clearer now when doing some spirited driving than I could when I was on.

Excellent :). something to keep me busy on my return home from work. sadly will be a 2 week wait before i get started on it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww gutted lol. You'll be surprised at how good the paint is under it mines was spotless

i had a sneaky peak at mine and looked fine. just simple wee clips holding it in place.
what did you use to clean it up?

·
Banned
3,464 Posts
Yea the clips are great I didn't break a single one lol. I just gave it a wash with auto glym shampoo then polished with poor boys black hole and some did juice purple haze wax, same as I do on the rest of the car lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one man, cheers ill attack it when i get back :)

Reactions: craigr2012

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
As above done mine a couple of weeks ago,should of done it ages ago as looks much better now..just washed polished and waxed.
Ive taken mine of its alot better looks cleaner and no more noise at all inside car

BLACKMK4SUPERCHARGE have u like put sum sort of beading around the cut out? Ive notice on mine u can see the solder/welding/glue that attaches bonnet to brasing underneth

1 - 20 of 24 Posts