VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had word from Autometrix we have clubstand for 11th August. This is a track day, trade stands and club displays for AUDI and VW. Last year attracted over 2500 people. We are limited to 10 spaces and the cost is 5 quid on the gates. Usua score, cut and paste. Beacuse of limited spaces I kindly request you only add if you can definately make it. Cheers, hope to see some of you there.:hello:

Castle Coombe

TOTGT

·
3,732 Posts
VW/Audi Club Day - Saturday, August 11, 2007

VW and Audi Track days

Every year Autometrix runs a number of dedicated track days for the readers of Volkswagen Driver and Audi Driver magazines, offering them a unique opportunity to drive their road cars at high speed on a race circuit.

Our VW & Audi track days in 2007 Castle Combe on Sat. August 11. Our final event of the year, at Castle Combe on Sat. Oct 13, is for Audis only.

guessing this is it then :D

G

·
Hi,

Coombe is great fun and quite a quick track.

If you want a little challenge, beat my cornering of 1.23g's around Quarry on road legal tyres. ;) For a bonus prize guess the car it was done in.

Cheers

Neil

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the one VC. Should be a good day.

·
3,732 Posts
currently in negotiations with the mother in law regarding babysitting cos the mrs is out for dinner that night. will let you know but provisionally saying yes till i know for sure

are you staying over? is there camping or bnb nearby?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very Cherry said:
currently in negotiations with the mother in law regarding babysitting cos the mrs is out for dinner that night. will let you know but provisionally saying yes till i know for sure

are you staying over? is there camping or bnb nearby?
Im not staying over as it is 20 mins from my base. There are some really nice BNB in the area and as it is in the Cotswolds there are camping places dotted all around. There are several places near me for instance. If you put "camping in the cotswolds" or something like that in google it will come up. Hope you can make it.

·
3,732 Posts
TOTGT said:
Im not staying over as it is 20 mins from my base. There are some really nice BNB in the area and as it is in the Cotswolds there are camping places dotted all around. There are several places near me for instance. If you put "camping in the cotswolds" or something like that in google it will come up. Hope you can make it.
its about 4 hours drive for me i think, is the event just for one day?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah mate, fraid so.

·
3,732 Posts
:party:

mother in law is gunna sit my kids so i now have ground clearance :D

so i'm leaving friday, collecting a mate from truro then heading to weston supermare and crashing at a mates house that night with a few others then were going to head up on the saturday morning

then, back to his after much trackness and showness for some clubbing then home on sunday :D

i love it when a plan comes together

so, depending on who we hook up with the night before we should be arriving in:

my .R32
porsche 911 carrera 2
audi Q7/sportback A3 sport
and a turbo'd golf gti

:084:

Castle Coombe
Very Cherry
TOTGT

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yay, pases will be sent to me direct mate, I will be meeting people as they arrive to hand them out. I will pm you my number nearer the time.

·
387 Posts
i'm in walshy.

Castle Coombe

TOTGT
goose

·
387 Posts
just found out a couple of my buddies are gunna be there too...

1 x Tuned Mk2 VR6 Van
1 x Black Optic kitted RS4 Avant
1 x 300bhp TT engined Mk2 GTi

woohoo

walshy - can these boys just turn up on the day and pay to race on the gate ?

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes mate I think so. It 5 quid per person in the vehicle. I have the passes now and the organisers would like us to arrive as a group between 0830 and 0900. I am looking at meeting in the services at JCN17 on the M4. Does this suit everybody?

·
3,732 Posts
TOTGT said:
Yes mate I think so. It 5 quid per person in the vehicle. I have the passes now and the organisers would like us to arrive as a group between 0830 and 0900. I am looking at meeting in the services at JCN17 on the M4. Does this suit everybody?
i have no idea. i am so southern, anything past exeter and i rely on maps.

i am leaving from weston supermare which i THINK is junction 21ish on the m5

from there i'm lost

:alberteinstein:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts