VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so if i was to get a cat back which i really want! would I get a milltek non res? oran APR?
i have found some for great prices! and i really want one! any ideas?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How load are we talking? I mean I dont want anything tooo chavvy. How louder than the normal R32 exhuast? and what would you recommend? there is one that sais scorpion non resonated. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
How load are we talking? I mean I dont want anything tooo chavvy. How louder than the normal R32 exhuast? and what would you recommend? there is one that sais scorpion non resonated. any ideas?
Make sure you buy a resonated exhaust if you don't want it droney

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
what do you have? non or res? and droney meaning? id like something that sounds loud and crazy!
You said no chavey ha.

I have decat and res Milltek. That's loud enough

Non-res is loud, check YouTube,

Droney is booming at certain revs/speeds

·
4,420 Posts
You cant make an R32 chavvy, the louder the better and im far from chavvy lol, go for non res, you wont look back, unless you have a decat, then ive heard res makes the exhaust quieter, while still giving the slight performance increase that you will never feel

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha! god you guys are cool! ill try find a decat! well, can i just install a decat without the induction kit? would that be possible? I want to wait for that! money might be a little tight! there are some cat backs on ebay for like 450 which is ok? ok last thing, what is the difference between de cat and cat back? f**k I love the r32!

·
1,043 Posts
hahaha! god you guys are cool! ill try find a decat! well, can i just install a decat without the induction kit? would that be possible? I want to wait for that! money might be a little tight! there are some cat backs on ebay for like 450 which is ok? ok last thing, what is the difference between de cat and cat back? f**k I love the r32!
Contact Lucifer on here for a decat as he's selling them for under 300 brand new. Cat back is the rear section of exhaust from the cats back :)
Oh and Welcome

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I shall do!
thanks! and well, does that mean I have to buy the cat back to go witht he decat? or do i just need a decat?

·
1,043 Posts
Decat and cat back would be a complete system but bear in mind you will need a friendly mot man with the decat. I went with a Milltek non res cat back on mine when I first had it and loved the noise but it did have a drone on the motorway. You don't need cat back to go with the decat, No. Depends what you after from the car....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, ok, so a decat will give me just as much noise as a cat back? god i sound stupid! and i want a little morepower and noise!
i want it to sound loud and sexy!
what do you recommened? I messeged lucifer

·
1,043 Posts
Personally I would try and find a non res cat back for now and see how you get on. Put an add up for a second hand one in the wanted section as they come up now and again? If its too loud you can add a resonated piece back in ( basically a silencer). Then go for air filter and a remap last. I'd leave the decat for now and see how you get on with the noise, plus you don't have to worry about the mot......
Don't feel stupid though, we all start somewhere

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha! ah but the decat sounds cheaper! if lucifer is doing them for 300 or under! id pick one up! i like the sound of that price! I cant really afford more on that part, as I still want an induction kit! and I do have a very friendly mot man! haha he will pass it without issue!
It is so hard to find a fair value decat. Ah and there is an issue with getting pulled over by police. I am only 24
i have had the car for a month and been stopped 6 times already! darn this world! lol I hate to think how many times id be stopped with a louder sound

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow ! i have just had a look at some de cats on youtube! OMG i love the sound!!! I wont one of these! wow! sounds better than a ferrari! damn!! hard core! NOCHAV! point me in the right direction! please!

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Mmmm... I smell something fishy in this thread

Surely there is some trolling going on here?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
wow ! i have just had a look at some de cats on youtube! OMG i love the sound!!! I wont one of these! wow! sounds better than a ferrari! damn!! hard core! NOCHAV! point me in the right direction! please!
Here's the order of what you should do for biggest benefits

Cat back non-res for loud
Induction kit/filter
Decat
Remap (stage2)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Here's the order of what you should do for biggest benefits

Cat back non-res for loud
Induction kit/filter
Decat
Remap (stage2)
My list right here lol,

I got....

Filter
Non-Res MIlly

And going for a stage 2 at AMD when the cars on the road!

Also to stay on topic an answer for the OP - lol, i fitted my Non0Res about a week ago now buddy, i love the sounds, sounds like thunder rolling out the ass end
defo makes you smile from ear to ear like a grinning tit lol...

Wez

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
R32_Wez said:
My list right here lol,

I got....

Filter
Non-Res MIlly

And going for a stage 2 at AMD when the cars on the road!

Also to stay on topic an answer for the OP - lol, i fitted my Non0Res about a week ago now buddy, i love the sounds, sounds like thunder rolling out the ass end
defo makes you smile from ear to ear like a grinning tit lol...

Wez
You need a decat or sports cats for a stage 2 Wez

1 - 20 of 28 Posts