VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my catalytic converter is knackered on my vw golf r32 mk 4 anyone know best place and cheapest to source one and has anyone replaced one recently other than the standard one.. any help would gladly appreciate. cheers John

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
There is some in the For Sale section, you can get 2nd hand miltek sports cats if you really want to upgrade

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thing is I'm in Ireland delivery probably be a problem so am looking for advice would it matter if it was not standard??

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
You need one for/from an R32. Is there a breakers by you? Delivery shouldnt be a problem, i post stuff to Ireland frequantly. Ill look for one for you

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Left the car into the garage as the front drive shaft sheared at the bolts and the mechanic had a look at the cat at some stage I,m sure it was on its way out.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Is it throwing up faults? Is the 'honeycomb' ruined? Also is there any holes in the cat?

When you buy other cats yours will be worth a bit to the scrap man

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove around with a broken ignitor thinking it was the cat till I checked it myself to realise it was a faulty ignitor and not the cat but I must have damaged the cat in the process..

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well due for nct soon so may take your advice and wait till emission test is done, no ignitor in the coil pack above the spark plug think thats the name...correct me if i,m wrong

1 - 14 of 14 Posts