VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

After leaving my car for 4 months Battery was flat.Put power on the starter and access gained.(Thank you)
Now central locking has stopped working with red led in the drivers door stopped flashing.
Any one know where the module is located to check if it has power on it? Or is it linked to the immobiliser?

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,361 Posts
Delete all fault codes and disconnect battery and leave for 20 minutes. Connect battery and try the central locking and check fault codes. If still not working the door lock module has most probably died on the drivers door which is a fairly common fault. I replaced my passenger side a few weeks ago. Fairly easy to be honest and replacement part is about £20.
If your car is a Mk4
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item259fecdc67

How to do the job

Reactions: mmw6x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when inside the car if you push the central locking button it operates all the locks.It just is not working with the key fob?I dont know if this means its still the door lock module?

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,361 Posts
Yep . It works manually but the little motor dies so it doesn`t work from the key fob. Your find the boot will not un lock by pressing the key fob either just manually. It happened on my passenger door so drivers door would open but not passenger or the boot. It should show up on vagcom with the error code for drivers door control module in your case. If you post what it says on vagcom just to be sure but if it was alarm/immobiliser module you wouldn`t be able to start the car .

Reactions: mmw6x
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.