VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i managed to take a few snaps today when i sneaked outta work to get my puncture repaired.
Its a little dirty after the weekend...

so here is my new bundle of joy, only had it 4 days now and loving every second... :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Spot on, and definitely the right colour! :proud:

·
305 Posts
great car! just looking at it makes you what to drive it. glad you love it.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I love the seats more than anything :love:

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silver r said:
great car! just looking at it makes you what to drive it. glad you love it.
cheers mate, funny you should say that, i was back in it after posting the pics playing with the MFD and highline funtions, and I inadvertently went missing for half an hour. Oops! :driver:

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
db7 said:
I love the seats more than anything :love:
cheers make, i test drove a few mkv r's before i settled on the spec i wanted and i found a huge difference in the vienna and recarro leathers. the vienna is just nowhere near as good. its not the same leather either, not as hard wearing (apparently) the ones with vienna looked surprisingly worn in quite a short time. And the drive wasnt as nice... the residuals are much better with the recarros. And I can see why, I saw these first in an RS4 and ever since they were top of my options list... but they come with a big price tag - in ireland they cost 4,800 euros extra if you tick that box!

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
khutula said:
Very nice mate - good choice of colour :151:
Cheers mate! yeah its such a head turner, the only colour IMO. i had something similar in a civic VTi a few years ago, but not as nice as DBP ;)

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
martin vr6 said:
NICE!!! right seats, right colour and right door count!!!
3 door wasnt even an option, due to kids,
but even if i did have the choice i still would have opted for the 5 door...

·
1,432 Posts
I was going to ask what you think you're up to with those plates then I realised they're Irish, congrats on the purchase I dont believe I've said hi yet so here it is.

Very nice R btw

:hello:

·
748 Posts
I really like the dials on the mkV!

·
1,084 Posts
Cerebro,

How are the backs of the Recaros holding up to kiddy feet from the rear bench? I was put off by that part.

I remember on uk-Mkiv's you were going to import your R, how come you didn't in the end?

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
Cerebro,

How are the backs of the Recaros holding up to kiddy feet from the rear bench? I was put off by that part.

I remember on uk-Mkiv's you were going to import your R, how come you didn't in the end?
hi tokyo.

i did consider the idea of bringing in my own R from wolfburg, germany but in ireland we have this 'ridiculous' tax called 'vrt' that means i would have had to pay an extra 30% of the cars current market value in ireland, plus vat on top at 21%. there was no saving at all, in fact it was coming in around 200 euro more expensive. so that was that knocked on the head!

the kevlar backs are holding up well. in fact they are bullet proof! ;)
they wipe clean very handy indeed, so they're are easier to keep clean than my GTi. (especially after a muddy football training session). I havent noticed any kicking from the kids in the back yet but perhaps thats the G's pinning their legs to THEIR seats eh.. (in a hugely responsible manner of course)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts