Administrator
3,597 Posts
Warning !
you make not like the piss take that will follow if you stick bag's on your car

Reactions: Paul_N

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
No way I'm cutting into my chassis, nor do I wish to lose an anti roll bar. What a load of tosh.

Does anyone know of any kits that don't need chassis cuts, or ARB removal?

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Warning !
1) There's no such thing as cheap airride Mark, you get what you pay for and "cheaper" airride kits are fraught with horror stories, always worth buying more expensive kits or from reputable firms, i think that is the kit Awesome sell actually.... And,

2) No he won't Neil, only from those who are naive and don't appreciate it's functionality.. Bags are the way forward unless you're a dedicated track racer.. Plus, MK4's look AWESOME aired out..

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
No way I'm cutting into my chassis, nor do I wish to lose an anti roll bar. What a load of tosh.

Unfortunately, with R's you NEED to remove the front ARB to get that low, and maybe cut a chassis notch too, but you can always add a strut brace up top to make up for the one lost down below.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JamesBaby said:

Mmmm did not realize you had to do that , I don't really want anything on my car that can not be unbolted to put back to standard

I would also like to know if there's a kit that does not need cuts or arb removal

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anakin said:
Warning !
Lol , I can handle it

·
Super Admin
6,829 Posts
That kit is running paddle management which quite frankly would be shite. If it's not computerised I wouldn't bother.

Also, Air Lift kits are track tested (Computerised, not sure about the paddle setups)

·
5,496 Posts
Bags are the way forward unless you're a dedicated track racer.. Plus, MK4's look AWESOME aired out..
to me a slammed car looks stupid and is pointless. it looks like the suspensions completely knackered or gone missing, with the car's belly on the ground, looking like some sort of giant legless turtle shell

Gosh, I must be getting old.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gti Fly said:
to me a slammed car looks stupid and is pointless. it looks like the suspensions completely knackered or gone missing, with the car's belly on the ground, looking like some sort of giant legless turtle shell

My boss says that about my car, most mornings he will tell me my suspension has collapsed , he thinks its funny lol

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts

Nah, you're not getting old mate, it's personal preference at the end of the day.. It's not for everyone, granted.. But it IS the way forward if you're more into the styling aspect i think, although i'm not saying that they can't be pushed in a performance aspect too. But personally i'd feel much safer pushing a car with a true suspension setup as opposed to bags.. But usually the people who favour bags don't tend to race them around corners anyway so it never seems to pose a problem. Chances are if you're running bags, you'll drive fairly responsibly.

But more and more cars are running it now, especially at shows.. Take UD for example, i wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage were running air as opposed to only a handful a couple of years ago.. The only reasons more people aren't running it is purely down to the cost of the full kit, and again, personal opinion... You either love it or you don't!!

·
4,420 Posts
Ring radio world up, they give instant discount, rrp for auto v2 kit is 2,199 they said i could have it for 1,900 just for asking nicely

But i wouldnt go manual paddle, auto all the way, its worth the extra monies

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
If you don't notch the chassis it won't go very low. Driveshafts need to go somewhere. If done properly and rustproofed then it won't give any jip in the way of corrosion. Needless to say it can't be undone

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
Bag's belong on things like range rovers

·
4,420 Posts

·
818 Posts
Paddle management is fine but not as simple and accurate as digital. I would rather paddle than v2 though as it's full of problems, accuair is miles better than airlift for management but you'll pay for it. good thing on the mk4 is you lose your lower arb but can add a strut brace unlike the mk5.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
If you don't notch the chassis it won't go very low. Driveshafts need to go somewhere. If done properly and rustproofed then it won't give any jip in the way of corrosion. Needless to say it can't be undone
This is true, but no-one would know it was done anyway unless you told them so it wouldn't matter..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts